Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought I still got some time.. gay

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

My almost 9y  old son was talking about gay.. So I asked him if he even knew what gay is/means.. he says yeah there is a Happy gay and a "bad gay".Im like what is a bad gay.. why bad? He then goes on and says because its wrong. He knows it means two men loving eachother. So I tell him that there is NOTHING wrong with being gay.. so he ask me: What would you do if Im gay? I tell him, that I still love him no matter what...

The conversation Im having with my son at bedtime:0

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
i.heart.rachel
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Many kids think the 'other' gay is a 'bad' gay. It's up to us to tell them differently... unfortunately, too many parents AGREE with it being a 'bad' gay. My kids will educate your kids on what homosexuality is if you say it's 'bad'. So it's up to you.. educate them, or have my kids do it. :D

Tatum2U
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Hate to ask but this had been bugging me .. Does saying "I would STILL would Love you..." insinuate that there is something inherently wrong w/being gay ? Shouldn't the response be more like "I wouldn't do anything , being gay wouldn't change who YOU are so no difference anyhow..

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Good mama... :)

mamivon2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM

I told them that too.

Quoting Tatum2U:

Hate to ask but this had been bugging me .. Does saying "I would STILL would Love you..." insinuate that there is something inherently wrong w/being gay ? Shouldn't the response be more like "I wouldn't do anything , being gay wouldn't change who YOU are so no difference anyhow..

CafeMom Tickers
echoishername
by Misty on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I think that parents use the word "still" as if to say "I would love you just the same." KWIM?

Quoting Tatum2U:

mamivon2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I didnt want to get into the whole details about being gay or not gay.. right or wrong tonight.. My son is 8y and it was his bedtime.. The infos that I gave him were enough for him to handle.

I told him what I believe and that was that..

Mikey
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:34 PM

amazing what they learn. you're a good mom for talking to him about it. kudos momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)