Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

US Cellular vs. Verizon

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:37 PM
  • 14 Replies

Can anyone tell me what they like/dislike about Verizon?  We currently have US Cellular but are thinking about switching to Verizon.  Thanks for any help!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngeLnChainZ
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Verizon is ALOT better than US Cellular, broader range of service. But Verizon's customer service lacks..

southernjess3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:39 PM

for some reason, my husbands verizon phones need to be replaced every year or two. mine hasnt.

ColieO
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Never heard of US Cellular. Verizon has good coverage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echoishername
by Misty on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:42 PM

I have been with several companies... Verizon is, by far, my favorite. The coverage is great.

Brittney_OREGON
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM

us cell has way better coverage and are always willing to work with you.. verizon had horrible customer service and i get service in a lot of places with us cell that i didnt with verizon.

AngeLnChainZ
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:46 PM

That depends on where you live.. Most places dont' even have coverage area for US Cellular so you end up roaming.

Quoting Brittney_OREGON:

us cell has way better coverage and are always willing to work with you.. verizon had horrible customer service and i get service in a lot of places with us cell that i didnt with verizon.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Totally disagree.  This is in fact the reason why we're thinking of switching.  That and I'm tired of calling them every month cuz my bill still isn't right.

Quoting Brittney_OREGON:

Mistyn23
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:54 PM
I have us cell n I wouldn't switch cell companies..
us cell had always worked with us...they are great...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsjksimmons
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Verizon has awesome coverage. Most prepay companies use Verizon towers because of their coverage. My parents has verizon when I was a teen. I loved it but I refuse to have a contract phone again. (I had a local carrier and they sucked.) I will only do prepay or no contract now. If I could afford the phones w/o a contract, I would so have Verizon. :) Hope that helps.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:56 PM

I have US Cellular and was gonna switch to Verizon last year when I renewed (they even knew this) because I told the man I was with his competitor.  However, the experience was not very pleasant.  He tried to sell me a phone after he told me it's a piece of junk.  He kept saying well I already did one warranty this morning on it and a few others last week.  Uhhh wtf.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)