Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

at my wit's end.....................................

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:48 PM
  • 14 Replies

my 5 year old talks ALL THE TIME.  when i say ALL the time- i mean if he is awake, he is running his mouth.  he talks in the bathroom, in the shower, while playing, while eating, while doing his homework.  he NEVER shuts up! he even mumbles in his sleep!

tonight he had to come to work with me because my parents are sick.  he is driving me up the damn wall.  I wanna scream.  

i told him it was bed time.  he immediately started screaming that he was hungry (i had just given him a snack 20 minutes earlier and he ate dinner less than an 1.5 hours before i said bedtime).  SOOOOOO for the next 2 hours he screamed like a freaking infant that he was hungry.  he's wasn't hungry- he didn't wanna lay down.  

to keep myself from losing my temper during this time, i colored a picture.  i know that seems crazy but it really does help me to destress.

SOOO then for the last 40 minutes he has been screaming and crying like an infant that he wants to color a picture.  NO coloring pictures.  go to sleep.  lay down.  shut up.  

I stay home with him all day. today he had therapy.  i talked to his therapist about this nonsense of screaming and crying like a baby to get his way and she agrees with me to not pay him any heed.  otherwise he will continue it and it will get worse.  

so i am trying to be patient and not lose my temper.  but this is putting me over the today.  

we had a great day together.  i don't understand why he does this when i am at work.  and yes it is literally only when i am work.  i don't get this frustrated with him when we are home.  he doesn't get this upset over bedtime at home.  actually at home, he puts himself to bed and asks to go to bed when he is tired.  

this place is not strange to him either- i have been working here for over 2 years.  while he doesn't come every night- he does come on a regular basis.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers           Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aubreyjosmama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Where do you work?

mamivon2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Quoting Aubreyjosmama:

Where do you work?

CafeMom Tickers
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:07 PM

during the day, i am a nanny.  i take my son with me.  he gets along great with the two girls and everything is amazing.  

at night, i work at a daycare.  it's when we are at the daycare we have the problem.

monday, tuesday, and wednesday nights he stays with my parents so that he can get a good nights sleep before school in the morning.  he is still in pre k and it's only four days a week.  

thursday and friday nights he stays with me at the daycare.  

tonight he is used to being at my parents and i know that but i am ready to scream.

Quoting Aubreyjosmama:

Where do you work?

Free Disney Tickers

mamivon2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:09 PM

can he lay down with the other kids

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:11 PM

that's when all of this starts is when i lay everybody down.  he acts like a freaking fool.  

it's not like i single him out.  he is laying down at the same time and in the same place as everybody else.  it's not new to him.

Quoting mamivon2:

can he lay down with the other kids

Free Disney Tickers

RLSMOM59
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I think he doesn't want to share his momma with the other children. He may think if he screams and yells all the time you will have to pay attention to lonly him. It may be helpful if you don't bring him to work. GL

mamivon2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:13 PM

no bashing.. but doesnt that wake up the other kids.. I would try to find someone to watch him for you

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:14 PM

that's not an option.  

if he can't go to my parents house, then he has to be with me.  

i am a single mom, i can't afford to pay somebody else to watch him.  i already work 2 jobs to make ends meet.  

his dad is not involved in his life at all.

Quoting RLSMOM59:

I think he doesn't want to share his momma with the other children. He may think if he screams and yells all the time you will have to pay attention to lonly him. It may be helpful if you don't bring him to work. GL

Free Disney Tickers

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I've have about the same problem... Mine wont shut up EVER, he back talks like crazy, I just wanna tape his disrespectful mouth shut!
I am at my wits end aswell. I have a link to my post I wrote last night...... Ash has to stay downstairs, sitting on the couch when he isn't doing anything, he WONT take a nap during the day...... he gets into EVERYTHING and no matter the punishment, he still has this major authority issue.... he threatens me and my husband.......... He is only 4 and will be 5 in April.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/13338951/Despratly_needing_help_with_my_4_y_o

Yes, we are going out of our minds!

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:16 PM

not raelly. cause these kids go to daycare all the time and so they are used to at least 1 or 2 kids yelling and screaming when it's time to sleep.  i know that sounds awful but it's true.

if my parents can't watch him. then he has to be with me.  i can't afford somebody to watch him and i am a single mom.  his dad is not involved in his life at all.

Quoting mamivon2:

no bashing.. but doesnt that wake up the other kids.. I would try to find someone to watch him for you

Free Disney Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)