Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She Stole From The 7-11 *update*

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:15 PM
  • 23 Replies

My dh took my 2 year old out today with him he went and got a haircut went to 7-11 and went to micky ds. Right before he left for work i asked him if he wanted me to pack him some trail mix and he said no thats okay jaylah stole some from the 7-11. I said what??? He was like um yeah i took her over to get me some coffee i paid for it and when we got in the car i saw she had trail mix in her hand. I asked if he talked to her about stealing and he said no.

I had a talk with her before about going into people's purses when we would go to partys she would go play with the kids and come back with people's wallets and their money in her hands. I think she thought she could do it because she goes through my purse all the time. She has stoped doing it. Now my poor child is stealing from stores

slapping foreheadUpdate: my dh just called me and i asked why he let her steal and he said that she handed him the trail mix he placed it on the counter for it to be rung up, when they got to the car he threw the bag in the truck and and put her in the carseat thats when he notcied the trail mix in her hands. He thought she took it from the counter after the guy rang it up. when he got home he opended the truck looked in the bag and there was the trail mix that the man rung up. she swiped the other bag when he was paying for the stuff. It was next to the register. i said why didnt you just say that when i asked and he said he was in a rush to get to work. He was running 30 mins behind.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:15 PM

They still have 7-11s?

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Wow.......

jaylahmicah
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Lots of them

Quoting laranadtony:

They still have 7-11s?

WaMomOFfour
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:18 PM

wow

AndrewsMommy27
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM

i stole a pack of gum once. My dad marched me in made them show me the video of what i was doing and make me sweep the floor entry way to pay it off. I look back at it being really funny but deff. a lesson learned.

BlessedMommy530

Take her back to return it and apologize.

cherib82
Yeah I don't let my kids get in my purse. I have meds and things I need for work that I don't want lost.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shoot4thestars
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM

i remember once we my sister and i were little.  my mom walked us to the convience store a few blocks down the road and as we were walking back into our yard my sister pulled out a popper for the 4th of July.  they had a whole bucket of them sitting front of the cashier counter at the store adn she must have snatched one when no one was looking.  my mom took it from her and sat both of us down and told us that that is a wrong and very dangerous decision to make to steal anything from stores or other people.

lilyrose73
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Your DH should have returned what she stole and NOT have let her eat it.  I stole a piece of candy from a store once, I was 4 years old, and my mom marched my ass right back into the store, I gave the candy back and told the owner what I did (small town store)... even at that age I was mortified and never stole again.

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:21 PM

and he didnt take her back into the store to pay for it?? IMO he is more guilty of stealing than she is.. He is the adult.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)