Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid hired help

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:18 PM
  • 2 Replies

Knew that would get you to look!

Actually, I just wanted to brag on this man's incredible ethics. He does our yard work and (when necessary) minor landscaping for us. The other day he pulled up, knocked on my door and shook his head... and started to explain in his broken english that he felt bad taking our money. I asked him why he felt that way... and he replied that "stupid tree rats left too many acorns on the ground and it ate up the grass". I laughed and asked him to elaborate. He said that he couldn't accept our money to mow a lawn that didn't exist. I was amused - and impressed. I have no clue what he's been doing... my husband hired him. So I asked the sweet man what he would suggest. He replied , "fire me, I come back when you have grass in spring if the tree rats are gone".

Can you get more honest than that? Lol. I am sincerely touched and impressed by his honesty. I know that jobs aren't easy to come by in our area, and this man felt ethically pressed to give up a client because he felt he wasn't doing the amount of work he was being paid to do.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. My husband is head of my home. I am a proud Roman Catholic, as is my husband.             Aimee

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Sharon300
by Sharon on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:21 PM

That is impressive. Goes to show he cares about what his work looked like when he was done.

chocolat-smiles
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM

mowing the lawn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)