Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help with my 2 year old. :(

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM
  • 49 Replies

Kayla has a nasty kidney infection that has spread to her bottom.  She has been crying all day and can't stand up straight because her back and bottom hurt so badly.  She spent most of the day curled up on my lap with a heating pad between her legs (the warmth seems to help).  I've got her to bed in a nightgown with no undies so her bottom can air out.

I just don't know what to do to help her.  She started the antibiotics today and I'm using tylenol to keep her fever down, but she's in so much pain.  :(

This is her first infection and I have no idea what to do.  Any suggestions would be so helpful!

Thanks!

I am a young, mostly happily married, breastfeeding, disposable diapering, baby wearing, co-sleeping, vaccinating, tough-loving, trying to go vegetarian, public school sending, multiple miscarriage surviving, 6 months cancer free, fat trying to get skinny, crazy punk rock princess Mommy to two beautiful little girls and one micropreemie angel in heaven.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bits08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM

BUMP!

flipper_28
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM

BUMP!

NIKopotamous
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Thanks!

Quoting Bits08:

BUMP!

I am a young, mostly happily married, breastfeeding, disposable diapering, baby wearing, co-sleeping, vaccinating, tough-loving, trying to go vegetarian, public school sending, multiple miscarriage surviving, 6 months cancer free, fat trying to get skinny, crazy punk rock princess Mommy to two beautiful little girls and one micropreemie angel in heaven.

ShawnaH2005
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:33 PM

I don't know what else you could do for her, but poor baby. Kidney infections are so very painful. I hope she gets feeling better soon!

mommyoftwo103
Im sorry, im no help but heres a bump!! I hope she gets better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9mama1130

Bump

Stevensmomma

I would call her Dr trmw and ask for suggestions

Tanya_D

A kidney infection? Sorry I am confused as to why she went to bed with no panties?

carolyn14
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:34 PM

awww poor girl. i really hope she gets better soon

MaggieL623
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:34 PM

aww i am so sorry ur little girl is in so much pain!!! :( i have a 2 year old daughter and cant imagine her in so much pain!! :( i think your doing as much as u can. the love and snugglin' must be comforting to her. maybe give her some extra treats or something to take her mind off the pain

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)