Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you went to jail.....ETA story...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:59 PM
  • 21 Replies

for drugs (I know, no one here will ever go to jail for drugs.  This is just a hypothetical question), would you want your kids to come visit you in jail every week?  Will add more after some replies. 

A little girl's mom in my dd's class went to jail for drugs.  Her sister is in my ds's class.  The older little girl was telling me on Monday that she got to go see her mommy in jail on Sunday.  Completly broke my heart.  She was telling me that her sister cried a lot.  These kids are 5 and 7.  All I could do was think "This is such a bad decision.  Why would you let your kids see you in that situation???  I wonder if she even realizes how hard it is on these kids!"  All week, I have been thinking about this.  And I came on here just to stress to you guys about it because it sucks to see these little one's in pain.  (BTW, small school, everyone knows everyone.  It is not just like I met these kids on the street.  DH graduated with the mom, MIL friends with the girl's grandma, etc).  But, I do belive that erinsmom1964 just gave me a whole new outlook on it. 

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM

This seems like a damn if you do and damned if you don't type of question..............soooooooo I plead the 5th, lol

Mom2Be0804
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:01 PM
Nope. Jail is not a good place for young children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chaotic_Rayne
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:02 PM

No, I wouldn't want my kids to see me in that kind of position.

Heddokitty
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:02 PM

I wouldn't want my young children to come and visit me.  It would be to hard on them, plus jail is no place for young kiddos.

momto31979
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:03 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM

If I had a long sentence then YES.  For two reasons...one to keep up at least a minimum relationship with them but mostly because what better scared straight opportunity would you ever have to give them  BE HONEST and show them the true consequences of such STUPID actions.

sondamom0828
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM

As much as I would love to see my kids, I don't think it is fair for them to be subjected to that enviornment.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:07 PM

No I would never want my children anywhere near a jail.

angeleyes16
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I used to visit my mom when I was a kid, so yes.

Jersey_86
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:09 PM
I would have to say no i wouldn't want my kid to remember me being in there and it is no place for a kid to be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)