Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do your kids expect presents for every little holiday?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM
  • 62 Replies
I know that Christmas and birthdays are legit times to give presents and for them to expect presents, but do your kids expect them for all holidays?

Valentine's day, Easter, Thanksgiving, St Patrick's Day (lol semi-joking about that one)...we never used to expect presents for those days. Sure we might have gotten a few pieces of chocolate, but I know of kids who would expect PSPs, cell phones and the like on those days and actually be mad if they didn't get what they wanted!?!

Just wondering how common this practice was...my son is nowhere near old enough to understand presents lol so I have no real opinion on the matter. Pure curiosity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OrionsMyBabyman
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sharon300
by Sharon on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM

No they dont maybe a few pieces fo candybut nothing to expensive.

devasmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:07 PM

My kids get presents for Christmas, no other holidays. We usually spend money on a party (now that they are older they get money to go out with friends) for birthdays, so they do not get an actual present on that day.

Waxed
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:07 PM

i only give my child presents on either Christmas ir his birthday

ilovejason
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:09 PM

No.. Well they expect hidden Easter eggs :)

ChellaWella
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:13 PM

no but i love to surprise them on holidays. on st pattys day we buy them a hat or shirt to wear to the parade. for v day they get the little dollar box of chocolate. for Easter they get baskets and eggs . I sure as heck wouldn't buy my kids no psp or anything crazy for those holidays my kids don't even expect those type of gift for there birthdays or x mas yet thank the lord!!

jenpen426
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:51 PM

growing up I got presents for Christmas and Birthday, and easter basket for easter w/ candy and maybe something like a barbie doll, and for Valentines day a little something...My daughter is going to be 3 and she is getting Valentine's presents: two books and a Ladybug pillow pal thingie...I also have Alice in Wonderland (animated) on Bluray that is either for Val's or her birthday in April.  I see nothing wrong with smaller gifts if you can do it...and she does get easter baskets too.

WhiskerLickins
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:52 PM

They're too young to expect anything yet, but they'll get treats on Easter & Valentines Day and stuff like that, but not elaborate gifts or anything crazy!

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:53 PM

no, the only time he gets present is on Christmas, his birthday, and Dia de los Reyes. Thats it

katiegirl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:53 PM
Well she gets them on valentines since it's her bday lol. But she doesn't get valentines presents. Just chocolates or something. She gets presents for Xmas, bday, and I put small toys in her Easter basket with the candy. I don't consider it a present though, it's not wrapped, just a treat for Easter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)