Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you do your taxes?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM
  • 15 Replies

Do you do your own taxes, get help doing them, or pay a company to do them?

I'm debating. We have done ours back at H & R block for the past 2-3 years and have been pleased with them. The only thing is it does cost a bit for them to do it. Then I heard about getting help for free from a company through a referral at church. I made an appointment and went tonight, but needed a bit more info. I can find the info online, but I'm figuring since they were busy she wanted to send me home to come back next week (they only do this Wed nights). Looking at the numbers of what she came up with so far, it is a few hundred less from what we got back last year. We don't really want to wait another week and am wondering if H & R block could end up getting us more back. What do you do and how has it worked for you when it comes to doing taxes?

Lilypie - (EtZh)Lilypie - (b3Sp)
       The Inside Source for Everything Local.
      Examiner is looking for contributing writers.
                          (Click logo for details)

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:07 PM

H&R Block.  Yes, they are a bit pricey but imo well worth it.  I've been going there since i've been working.  They have always been helpful and have yet to make an mistake.

OrionsMyBabyman
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:08 PM
I use H&R block but I do it myself online for FREE. it walks you through everything and is dummy-proof lol. I e-file and set up direct deposit and my money is there within 2 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jaymeenella
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:08 PM

If you can file with the 1040 ez it is free on Hrblock.com and it goes through everything you may be eligible for

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:09 PM
Taxslayer.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:12 PM

we have used H&R block for 3 years now but this year we are going through another city agency that does it for free. we have had so many issues at h&r block in the past that we don't feel its worth it anymore, sadly. but i'd rather wait for an appointment with this new service then deal with the hassels we have dealt with and get our refund quicker kwim?

Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:14 PM

I do my own through Turbo Tax.

Crysrey1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:14 PM
We use a CPA.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pookah1203
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM
My mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:21 PM
This

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

H&R Block.  Yes, they are a bit pricey but imo well worth it.  I've been going there since i've been working.  They have always been helpful and have yet to make an mistake.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SydneysMommy86
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Quoting OrionsMyBabyman:

I use H&R block but I do it myself online for FREE. it walks you through everything and is dummy-proof lol. I e-file and set up direct deposit and my money is there within 2 weeks.

I did the same thing. If you dont have a lot of stuff to claim I suggest it, it's not rocket science.

pregnancy week by week

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)