Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RLS suuucks!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:16 PM
  • 11 Replies
I cannot get comfy! My legs are twitchy and it's driving me nuts!

Anyone else have Restless Leg Syndrome? What do you do to combat the twitchies??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fallnangel93
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM

I had it when I was pregnant the first time. The only thing to ever help me was to get up and walk around for a little bit...it would help for like an hour, and then I would have to do it again. Thankfully it went away once I had the babies.

Cressida
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:31 PM

My df has it. He shakes his legs all night. I always tell him if i wanted a vibrating bed, id stick a quarter in it. Google it. There are some stretches you can do that are supposed to help.

married-in-06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:36 PM
Green rubbing alcohol. Rub your legs with it. Dh has to do mine every night. I can deal with the pain. I cant deal with the jumpy twitchy feeling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherbugs
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:39 PM
I did yoga and Bought a nintendo DS to busy my RLS self all night when I just couldn't sleep. Ha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delirium003
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Never tried that! Might have to. I have seen OTC meds for it. Idk if they work or not

Quoting married-in-06:

Green rubbing alcohol. Rub your legs with it. Dh has to do mine every night. I can deal with the pain. I cant deal with the jumpy twitchy feeling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delirium003
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:44 PM
I should invest in a yoga video (or game)!

Quoting motherbugs:

I did yoga and Bought a nintendo DS to busy my RLS self all night when I just couldn't sleep. Ha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JAJA_Steele
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:44 PM

My grandpa has it, no clue what he does for it though.

LollipopDreams
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:45 PM
I have noticed that by walking 2 miles a day my RLS isn't as bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n13
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:46 PM

awww so do i. I have to get up and walk around, and sometimes take a very hott bath. But mostly walking around stretching out is the only thing that works for me.

firefly63701
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I have them.  My dr. told me to just stretch my legs out.. doesnt work so well when your double jointed.  I was on requip for awhile and that did work quinine works as well but it taste bad.

I'm raising a child with autism.  What's your superpower?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)