Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hubby wants to be a cop and idk if i want him to be one...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
Cops dont make what they deserve. They put theirselves on the line everyday not knowing if someone is gonna try and kill them. Dh wont go to the academy unless i agree to him going...but idk if i want him to go. Id be soo worried everyday. We're ttc baby #1 so stress would just be aded to our TTC troubles. Any advice ladies? Anybody here a cop or dh is a cop?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ChellaWella
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:48 PM

My husband had that dream he was accepted into the academy and then got hurt so he was unable to do what he always dreamed  everything he hoped for crushed I support anything he puts his mind to i think no matter what its important to back ur husband in his dreams especially if he wants to make a difference in the world. good luck on the baby  try not to stress <3

KrazyMyra
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:52 PM
Aww im sorry. I always have my hubbys back 100% but this decision just scares me. What if something really bad happens...ill feel like its my fault cause i said yes when i could have stopped him from joining.

Quoting ChellaWella:

My husband had that dream he was accepted into the academy and then got hurt so he was unable to do what he always dreamed  everything he hoped for crushed I support anything he puts his mind to i think no matter what its important to back ur husband in his dreams especially if he wants to make a difference in the world. good luck on the baby  try not to stress <3

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrazyMyra
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:02 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saucykitty22
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:03 AM

My DH joined the army with my consent but not with the job we agreed on.
He took a high risk job and I'm terrified. But who am I to hold him back? I think it would be selfish of u to tell him no. give the man his freedom and let him make the ultimate decision. things happen but not always. Don't keep him from what he could be bc of what u  think could be. This is him being a man and a provider, be proud that he thinks so much of his fam and country that he is willing.

pinkysmommy720
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:07 AM

My husband has been a cop since 2001. I had so many worries on the "what ifs".  But I continue to support him 100%. There are going to be hard days where he sees things and has experiences you couldn't imagine.  Each time he puts on that uniform I say many prayers. A true cop will tell you that they don't do it for the money. Many civil servants don't make the money they should, but they do the job because they love the people.

bananahammock1
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Tell him he should be a space cowboy!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)