Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CALLING all RNs or student nurses =)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:40 AM
  • 7 Replies

I need some NCLEX style review question books lol. I am only in my first semester but there was this one book on our list of recommended books to buy and its A BUNCH of questions w/ rationales and I find it VERY helpful.

I have the Kaplan

I just bought the Hesi & Saunders.

Are these any good or does anybody else have any other recommendations?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Shellybelly420
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:45 AM

BUMP!

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:00 AM

I believe I used the Kaplan..but it was so long ago I can't specifically remember. I know it just said NCLEX on the cover, and cost a fortune. (part time working student).

Just remember that it's the ideal, not the reality. If the ideal, for example was to check your IV's every 5 minutes, when in reality it doesn't happen, your answer would be "every 5 minutes"..

Make sense? I wouldn't be bogged down with NCLEX now in your 1st semester. Things change over time.

dixiegurl223626
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:37 AM

I took the NCLEX this past November and passed first try. I used Lippincotts mostly, some saunders, and some kaplan. I also did alot of ATI throughout school.

KME3
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:39 AM
BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bits08
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:41 AM

I have the Kaplan 2010-2011.  I really like it because it teaches how to read the questions and break them down. 

SusanD
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:29 AM

The Hesi book is very good. Also, check with your school and see if they have the Hurst Review. You can take it as many times as you would like once you pay for it, and its typically offered once per semester. They have a guarantee that if you take the review once or twice and do not pass your NCLEX on the first try, they will either refund your money or give you an intensive review.

Shellybelly420
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I believe I used the Kaplan..but it was so long ago I can't specifically remember. I know it just said NCLEX on the cover, and cost a fortune. (part time working student).

Just remember that it's the ideal, not the reality. If the ideal, for example was to check your IV's every 5 minutes, when in reality it doesn't happen, your answer would be "every 5 minutes"..

Make sense? I wouldn't be bogged down with NCLEX now in your 1st semester. Things change over time.

Oh I'm sure it'll be helpful for the NCLEX but I'm not exactly worried about that just yet.  I want it for my exams because our questions are very much NCLEX style questions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)