Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh just left me :(

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:45 AM
  • 34 Replies

He just took off for the card club with his friend. Who knows when he'll be home. Last time he was gone until almost 6 in the morning. (And before any of you get your undies in a bunch, this happens only a few times a year and I don't mind.)

Idk how all of you women with dh's who travel do it. I cannot sleep without him next to me. Good thing I just picked up a bunch of books. Looks like it may be a long night.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kathrine1
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:47 AM

at the risk of sounding like a dolt what's a card club

bellarose1230
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:47 AM
i have the same sleeping problem. He I'd gonna ne leaving for 2 weeks so i dunno What IM gonna di
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.stella.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Hopefully he gets in earlier rather than later. DH really doesnt go out at night, thank goodness cuz im a scaredy cat at night =P

Jsmommy0528
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:49 AM

LOL undies in a bunch:) It is good for men to get out and be around only other men sometimes.

jennmom1
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Yeah it sucks when they're gone. Mine's been gone 7 months (Army) and he'll be gone another 13 months. Sucks without him next to me :o(

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:51 AM

idk what a card club is, either. lol

my husband used to work 7 and 7 on an oil rig. i got used to it, so when his rig was stacked and he got another job, where he was home every night, it was really weird. lol then they started going out of town for wks at a time, and i would drive up with the kids on the wkends to see him...got used to that...now he has a different job and hes not only home every night, hes off on fridays, sat, and sundays.

oceanus407
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:52 AM
I'm the same way when the hubs isn't home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughterofearth
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:52 AM

mine is leaving at 3 tomorrow and going to winnipeg and wont be back until next saturday. waaaaaa:( i already miss him and i think i might be certifiable (insane) by the time he gets home....men get to have all the fun:(

bellarose1230
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:53 AM
in the 8 years we have been living together he has never stayed away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Longer periods apart are easier than short ones.  My husband was gone for a night once, I slept like shit.  But a deployment, piece of cake once you get into the rhythm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)