Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any other mom's who have a curious...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:23 AM
  • 35 Replies

SO, DH or otherwise who is waiting till you give birth or waited etc to be able to try the taste of breast milk? Just curious. A friend of mine stated he wanted to try it after the baby so I wanted to see if this is a fairly normal thing for a guy/girl to be curious about. 

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Oh my Lord.

DH is a freak. I was still lactating when we met, just not a lot. My son was a year old and I was starting to wean. Well one night he surpised me by sucking on them and was like OH! Hey thats not too bad.

Alrighty....

So now I have another kid. I'm exclusively BFing. Those things are loaded with plenty of milk at all times. DH is ALWAYS making comments like "Hey little one, save some for me. I'm next." It kinda weirds me out but he honestly likes it. A lot.

jollymommy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Mine too. lol

Quoting ColieO:

Oh my Lord.

DH is a freak. I was still lactating when we met, just not a lot. My son was a year old and I was starting to wean. Well one night he surpised me by sucking on them and was like OH! Hey thats not too bad.

Alrighty....

So now I have another kid. I'm exclusively BFing. Those things are loaded with plenty of milk at all times. DH is ALWAYS making comments like "Hey little one, save some for me. I'm next." It kinda weirds me out but he honestly likes it. A lot.

Life is hard, and God is good.

Rach7224
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:30 AM

Mine swears he is never going to taste it. But he wasn't around when I had my daughter... and I think that he will get curious. But he swears now he wont lol... i don't believe him tho.

mysticlady1221
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:46 AM

Mine is getting excited and weirded out at the same time that my breasts are growing.. He is more into small chested women, and I am currently a DD, But he is curious about how it will taste, and I already told him he couldn't suck on my nipples the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy because I don't want my milk coming in before the baby is here.. His response? "awww but after the baby is here I will have to share!" I laughed so hard I almost peed myself. And the look on his friend's face was priceless, who then promptly informed me that he expects a taste too since he's never been able to try it either. Lol So I was curious if this was a normal guy thing, or just a weird idea my SO had. 

Quoting jollymommy:

Mine too. lol

Quoting ColieO:

Oh my Lord.

Alrighty....

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:48 AM
Mine was curious when I was pregnant but when the milk actually came in he changed his mind. He does mess with Melissa while she's nursing sometimes, he'll put his face right next to hers. She started catching onto it and she throws her arm back to block him now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:51 AM

My DH was the opposite.  He was completely weirded out by my lactating boobs.  LOL  and he's a HUGE boob guy; but wouldn't hardly touch them the entire 2 years our youngest nursed.  When we had sex they had to stay in a bra too.  LOL  Because I would leak.......constantly.  We tried sex once without a bra, and he grab my boob and squirted himself.  I have NEVER seen that man jump out of bed so quickly.  LOL

mysticlady1221
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:57 AM

Lol that sounds funny. I squirted my ex husband with my first child once.. but he got pretty mad, and I didn't do it again. (i was playing around)

Quoting JenB1983:

My DH was the opposite.  He was completely weirded out by my lactating boobs.  LOL  and he's a HUGE boob guy; but wouldn't hardly touch them the entire 2 years our youngest nursed.  When we had sex they had to stay in a bra too.  LOL  Because I would leak.......constantly.  We tried sex once without a bra, and he grab my boob and squirted himself.  I have NEVER seen that man jump out of bed so quickly.  LOL

mysticlady1221
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:42 PM

BUMP!

bananahammock1
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:44 PM

My husband used to drink it all the time! I used to make him empty my boobs out when I was pregnant. He just told me the colostrum tastes better :)

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:44 PM

No. Neither my DH or myself have ever had an interest in tasting it to be honest. My mother did take a taste from DS's sippy once. She said it was sweet. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)