Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Agh! I can't sleep!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:54 AM
  • 5 Replies
I'm 7 weeks pregnant and have a hell of a time getting to sleep at night. I'm exhausted all the time but I just can't get to sleep and I have RLS really bad when I'm pregnant. Any suggestions on what I can take/do to get some sleep. I do exercise almost every day when I have time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommavieve
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:58 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B-FigNewton
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:03 AM

I had the same problem when I was pregnant. I never found a solution. Sorry :( BUMP!

Mommavieve
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:05 AM
Thanks for the bump

Quoting B-FigNewton:

I had the same problem when I was pregnant. I never found a solution. Sorry :( BUMP!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:55 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:59 AM

my doctor recommended benadryl when I was pregnant for sleeping issues.  when that didn't offer enough relief, he went ahead and prescriped phenergan since it's approved for pregnancy and one of the side effects is sleepiness.  it still didn't resolve it completely, but it sure did help.

I only wish it was pregnancy keeping me awake at night, at least then I'd get something out of it.  I was up for two hours the other night just stewing in anger and hurt over my GMIL, who I now take care of 24/7.  she managed to "let it slip" that she's hated me all these years because I took her grandson away.  I knew she hated me for the first five years, but really thought things had improved after I bore her great-grandchidren.  guess it wasn't anything but a show.

good luck, I hope you find something that works.  have you tried some sleepytime tea at bedtime?  celestial seasonings makes it and I think it's got chamomile in it or something.  it's worth a shot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)