Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help with a small apartment

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:21 AM
  • 12 Replies

I'm thinking of getting my own place,  away from my parents.  The situation has come to the point where it's not working anymore.  

I can only afford so much so I'm thinking of a 2 bedroom but it'll be me,  2 boys who currently share a room and a baby girl.

Any suggestions on how to make this work?  I know the boys will share a room and the baby and I will share a room (unless things work out with SO there will be no men so privacy isn't an issue)

Thanks ladies! 

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.kk.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:21 AM
Good luck. I shared a one bedroom with my two children. It wasn't heaven but we made it.
rowansmum
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:24 AM

BUMP!

NickiNavarro
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:26 AM

When I was born we lived in a two bedroom apartment. My parents had their room, and I slept in there as well. My brother slept on the couch, two of my sisters slept in the other room, and my oldest sister found a closet that her twin bed fit in, so she put the mattress on the floor and claimed it as her room. You do what you have to do, and nothing is forever if you work hard and have a plan. It will work out. :) good luck.

beans13
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:26 AM
I think that would work just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:28 AM

We have myself and my husband, a daughter, and a son due in May.

While we can afford a 3 bedroom place, we decided to save even more money by continuing in a 2 bedroom place. My daughter and son will have their own room and DH and I will sleep out in the living room on a hide-a-bed. We did this before we had kids anyway. We never used our room before we had kids LOL. Until they are old enough to be in school and have friends over, we decided to do this so that we could save hundreds more dollars each month than we could if we had a 3rd bedroom.

I hope you find something that works for your family. :)

Due in May? Join us in May 2011 Babies!

Jessy613
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:29 AM

I think that would work out fine.

MissC3
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:35 AM
I think you need a 3 bedroom. You can't share a bedroom with your daughter forever. She needs to learn to sleep in her own room. Also, your privacy may not be an issue, but hers will be. She deserves some privacy when she gets a little older too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rowansmum
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:42 AM

For now it's what's best.  I can't afford a 3 bedroom without not being able to put food on the table and the living situation at my parents is just not beneficial for anyone and before it gets ugly and the kids see that.

Quoting MissC3:

I think you need a 3 bedroom. You can't share a bedroom with your daughter forever. She needs to learn to sleep in her own room. Also, your privacy may not be an issue, but hers will be. She deserves some privacy when she gets a little older too.

rowansmum
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Thanks for all the replies ladies!

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Crazy Chris on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Quoting beans13:

I think that would work just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)