Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You have no sense of humor!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:25 AM
  • 28 Replies

My daughter cut all her hair off the other day while I was tending to her brother. Everyone is trying to make me feel better and reminding me to laugh it off but I just can't. I think about how long it took her hair to grow out (two years) and it makes me want to cry!

Has something ever happened that you SHOULD have laughed off but for whatever reason, you couldn't? What was it?

"He who begins is half done."

~Horace

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bananahammock1
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:27 AM

I know what youre feeling.. My daughter did that once! It grew back quick though.. :)

Hugs! Who loves in a pineapple under the sea?

b_rod
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:29 AM
My old baby sitter gave my daughter her first haircut. Her FIRST haircut. I'm still not over it dammit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.kk.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Quoting b_rod:

My old baby sitter gave my daughter her first haircut. Her FIRST haircut. I'm still not over it dammit.

Oh my. That is not okay!

I gave my son his first hair cut and messed it up. I ended up shaving it and his pretty little baby curls never grew back :(

.kk.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Quoting bananahammock1:

I know what youre feeling.. My daughter did that once! It grew back quick though.. :)

Yeah, unfortunately, she has done this before and it was JUST getting long again. I really thought we had grown out of that stage. Not so, apparently.

I use scissors a lot. I already had them at the top of my linen closet. Apparently, I can't have ANY in my house. I'm just lucky she didn't hurt herself.

bananahammock1
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Quoting .kk.:

Quoting bananahammock1:

Yeah, unfortunately, she has done this before and it was JUST getting long again. I really thought we had grown out of that stage. Not so, apparently.

I use scissors a lot. I already had them at the top of my linen closet. Apparently, I can't have ANY in my house. I'm just lucky she didn't hurt herself.

Oh ok.. I feel where youre coming from more now.. How old is she?

beans13
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:34 AM
My dd had to have one of her front teeth pulled last summer. She is 4. So for about 3 years she will have no front tooth. She smacked her face at daycare ane the nerve died.

Everyone says she looks so cute, but I just think she looks too grown up and not like my baby anymore. I know sh!t happens but I still have a problem with it sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.kk.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Quoting bananahammock1:

Quoting .kk.:

Quoting bananahammock1:

Oh ok.. I feel where youre coming from more now.. How old is she?

She's 4. But I should still be able to brush it off, it's just hair. I know it will grow back. I did put her on a major grounding though!!!

.kk.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Quoting vjwsecret:

Since she did it before maybe she doesnt like long hair

She did actually say that when I asked her why she did it. She's never complained about it until now. She looks cute with short hair, so I'll keep it short for her even though I would rather it be long. I just don't like that she looks like a boy. LOL

bananahammock1
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:36 AM

I dont blame ya! :)

.kk.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Quoting beans13:

My dd had to have one of her front teeth pulled last summer. She is 4. So for about 3 years she will have no front tooth. She smacked her face at daycare ane the nerve died.

Everyone says she looks so cute, but I just think she looks too grown up and not like my baby anymore. I know sh!t happens but I still have a problem with it sometimes.

Awww, poor baby! You win! But on the upside, maybe she will take extra good care of her teeth when she is older!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)