Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Death--

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:56 AM
  • 2 Replies
I don't know how to deal with it, I never have had to before (thank goddess). DHs grandma is dying. They gave her 48 hours, almost 48 hours ago. We r driving down there today. I'm so nervous. I'm not close to her and DH really isn't now, but was when he was younger. Their family is close, they areall there. My MIL has been sleeping in her car there for a few days bc there are too many ppl to fit in the house. I'm horribly awkward at situations like this. I don't know what to do or say. Everyone is going to be upset and crying, what if she dies while we are there? Idk what to do... I want to be supportive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:01 AM

You really dont have to say or do anything, just be there. Offer a shoulder or just hug on someone.

lifeisboog
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Just stay calm and quiet and be helpful with things that you can handle. Cooking, cleaning or whatever you are comfortable doing. They aren't expecting you to come in and save the day. Just stay out of the way and keep your kids under control. Its a time just to sit and be a good listener really. 

I just lost my grandma and we spent most of our time talking and laughing about the good old days. Our family is kind of crazy though. 

I am sorry for their loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)