Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crib Bumpers

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:45 AM
  • 10 Replies

I have never used one so idk about this.

But my niece has one for her daughter. When she found out u aren't supposed to use them she took it off.

Now the problem is her DD gets her foot stuck in between the crib bars if there is no bumper.

Her baby is 5 months old and she can roll over both ways, so is it safe to use a crib bumper? I always thought the reason u couldn't use them was because if a baby rolled into them they could suffocate. But her DD can roll both ways so is it OK?

If not what can she do about the baby getting her foot stuck? If she puts a blanket over the slats of the crib the baby tears it down lol

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:48 AM

bump

CafeMom Tickers
EsmeVincent
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:49 AM

honestly I never understood the whole get rid of the bumpers thing because I know my ds kept getting his leg stuck or arm and getting freaked out.  I left his bumpers up on his bed till he was 1 and then the only reason I took them down was because he was tearing them up

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:50 AM
We bought the breathable bumpers. It's basically a mesh bumper...keeps the kid from getting tangled in the crib, but if their face ends up against it, they can still breathe (I tried it before putting them on, lol).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JordansMama2003
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I wondered this too... bump

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:07 AM

I use a bumper with DS.

My DD's feet got stuck in the rails a lot when I removed the bumper years back. I don't have that issue right now. Of course I'll be lowering the mattress soon, so I will then remove the bumper.

beethann
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Bump...I have the same problem. Of course DD is now 15 months..so I don't worry too much.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I didn't know they made those but I'll suggest some to her. Thanks :)

Quoting beadingmom17:

We bought the breathable bumpers. It's basically a mesh bumper...keeps the kid from getting tangled in the crib, but if their face ends up against it, they can still breathe (I tried it before putting them on, lol).

CafeMom Tickers
P.V.Hawkwind
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:17 AM
Yeah, we had that problem but that when SO and I moved in together and she slept in the playpen instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missingkisses
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:34 AM

i never heard you werent suppose to use crib bumpers they are usually not over stuffed and tied to the crib so i dont see how that poses a problem

mind you my boy still kept getting his legs stuck with one

Rhiannon1980
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:38 AM

They make breathable bumpers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)