Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Have A Drop Side Crib?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:45 AM
  • 112 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have a drop side crib?

Options:

Yes, and I still use it

No, and I have never had one

Yes, but it is not being used anymore

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 167

View Results

Do you currently or have you in the past had a drop side crib?

I have one I do not plan on getting rid of. My son will be 2 in April and there is no way the side is falling by itself. I have put my entire weight on this side and it has not budged. You have to push buttons on either side of the rail at the same time to make it drop, so I am not worried about it.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kristen1010
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:49 AM
I had one with my older boys but when I had my last baby I bought a new one - it wasn't worth the risk to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trz031407
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I think it's more of a "Parental Stupidity" recall. We put ours together by ourselves, it was very secure. It seems like a lot of things that come in handy (I'm 4'11..it is NOT easy for me to pick up a child out of a crib) have been recalled. I mean, apparently some parents can't even read the side of a baby tylenol bottle to get a dose correct. We're padding against stupidity here. It's sort of rediculous. So, now I guess, for this baby, I'll have to buy a step stool to get my child out of the crib because drop-sides are not for purchase anymore.

rocker_mommy_08
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I have one but it isnt being used right now. DS outgrew it and lo is still baking. we will use the same crib for #2 tho

Meli55aG2001
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM

We used it for both of our daughters.  We didn't have any problems with ours.  When I was expecting my second, we got our oldest a new crib.  Then a month before our youngest turned one year old, we returned it to the store and was able to exchange it for another one.  Both of the cribs are by Delta and I love them.

Honeybun09
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Yes! My 2 year old is still in hers. The drop side is against the wall and we have never once used it as a drop side. She will stay in it until about 2 1/2 or 3.

We are getting a new crib for this baby due in May though, non drop side.

Due in May? Join us in May 2011 Babies!

CamdensMom12
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:52 AM

We do. We used it for our 6 year old, our 2 year old, and plan to use it again for our next. But, we will screw into the sides of the drop down so that it cannot drop down. Then problem solved! It's actually a really easy fix.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:53 AM

i have a dropside crib that was given to me used. i used it for my oldest son who is five and my middle son and my youngest dd who is now two. i loved them and was not worried about it. you had two sliders you had to pull in at the same time and without i wouldnt been able to put my children in their crib

5-kids
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:54 AM
I've had drop side cribs with all of my kids and I loved them. I've never had a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelgirl25
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:58 AM

yes and we still use it. ours you have to lift both sides straight up about 2 inches to lift it out of the latch and then push in at the bottom at the same time. it takes me a good 5 minutes to get it to drop down sometimes so there's no chance DS could do it by accident lol.

TristanMitchael
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:58 AM
I did. But we called the company for replacement parts & they sent a whole new crib.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)