Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crib Bumpers

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:35 AM
  • 14 Replies

So, I've heard people saying lately that you shouldn't use crib bumpers because of a risk of suffocation and SIDS. I'm not sure what I want to do, I know tons of people who have always used them and had no problems, and of course my mother used them with me and my brother and we survived. How many of you still use them and how many of you have decided to skip them?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honeybun09
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:36 AM

We used them for only a little while. We're not even bothering with this one.

Due in May? Join us in May 2011 Babies!

haleyleedy
We only used them till the could scoot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG

I never use them. Not for my son and will not for this one.

T-Rentsmommy06
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:37 AM

I used mine on both my boys (and they slept on their bellies) my sister is using my bedding with her new baby. And I plan on using it again when I have another child.

hollinicole
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:37 AM

I used them with DD till she started to stand up in the bed and then I too them out cause she was trying to use them to climb out. But your going to hear that you should or should not use something no matter what so go with your gut.

grantsmommy23
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:38 AM

I used them for a few months with my first son, but when I read articles about them being dangerous, I stopped using them.  I haven't used them at all with my second son.

tharealty2
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:38 AM

IMO,. they shouldn't be used.  The line that "I used them and my kids were fine' makes no more sense to me than the women who say "I smoked the whole time I was pregnant and my kids are fine'.  Its such a simple thing to not use them,. if there is any, any risk to your precious baby,. why take that risk?  I lost a daughter to S.I.D.S, no matter what you did or didn't do you will have regrets,. why increase them by doing something you know can increase the risk?

Meli55aG2001
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I used them with both girls.  My 2.5 year old still has them but she is only able to roll onto her belly.  She does move around a lot and I like having the bumpers in there to protect her head.  If she was able to do things like her older sister, then I would have removed the bumpers much earlier.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:41 AM

My kids don't sleep in their formal crib until they are two, so they come out at that point, they are in a crib in our room without them until that age.

-Shelley-
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:41 AM

I don't use cribs, but if I did I wouldn't use a bumper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)