Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can you do this??

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:59 AM
  • 12 Replies
I just got an android phone and got a ringtone for it....I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put the ringtone on...I downloaded it and it'd in a file folder...but won't be set as mt ringtone. Dh has a friend who has an iphone and he said you're stuck with the choices they give you...is that true??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chairhead28
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:26 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:28 PM

I dont know but heres a bump for ya

DeirdraG.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:28 PM
No. I downloaded zedge app to my phone and when into settings and then sound and ringtones and zedge had added its own choice...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommiE8983
by McLovin on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:28 PM
Where did you download it from?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angellove29115
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:28 PM

no in fact you can download your own music and turn them into ring tones,  Im not sure what you are using so I cant help but I know I have over 200 hundred songs on my android and I can use anyone of them as a ringtone,  you can also set them to where when someone calls you they here a song too.  My husband does that all the time.

Angelbabii407
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Not you're not limited. But I'm not sure how to make it work. I use the vzwtones app, thru verizon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommiE8983
by McLovin on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:30 PM
I use Mabilo Ringtones...download it from the market
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinehippie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:31 PM

bump

LCG83
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:32 PM
Try zedge or the ringtones app with the orange bars. Also the music junk app is amazing!! You can find almost any song! Full mp3s. Then download the Ringdroid app to make your own custom ringtones from those songs. Droid is the best!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Go to settings then into Sounds. Once in there click on phone ringtone. You can also change your notification ringtone there too. 

You can also set a different ringtone for each contact on your list by going to your contact list, selecting the contact, then click on settings and edit.

What kind of phone did you get? I have a slight addiction to phones. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)