Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

E-readers....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

Do you have one? Do you like it? Do your kids use it? Pros/cons vs paper books? Did you get 3G with it?

My two boys love to read and be read to and my oldest (almost 6) said he would go without cable tv for a Nook Color...LOL. The lady at B & N told him there are books that he can read and others that can read to him and he was sold. I would love one myself, but I would like it to be useful for the kids too. TIA for any info!

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
soccerchik8287
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:21 PM

I have a sony reader and really like it, but the fact that it has to be plugged into the computer to download books sucks. I got the kindle app on my IPAD a few months ago, and that seems great. If I was to buy another EReader I'd definitely get one that has wireless so you can get books that way.

matofour
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:43 PM
My nine year old has a kindle.
I don't like the nook color, it's backlit and hard on the eyes. And it's really hard to read outside because of the glare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustMomto4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:16 PM
I have the kindle, and I love it! My 9 yr old ds has books on there as well as my 7 yr old dd! I live how easy it is to use, download books, I did not get the 3G, cause I usually buy a bunch of books at one time, at home and the wifi come from my home Internet, Iove how easy it is to read, just like a books page!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ssnelson26
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:16 PM

kindle app for droid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)