Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Facebook question!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM
  • 19 Replies
How can I block people from seeing what I post on other peoples wall? I posted a comment on my friends status saying I couldn't go to her babyshower today since my son is still sick. 4 minutes later my dad calls asking who's sick. I don't want him to see what I'm posting on other peoples wall who aren't on his friends list too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommiE8983
by McLovin on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:04 PM
Don't write on her wall. Send her a message.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathysclown
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:06 PM

I'm not sure unless you block the person completely.  I know you can block  other people feeds.

Rhyne
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:07 PM
She can't get messages for some reason, and I don't want to stop commenting on peoples status. I just don't want my dad to stalk my page.

Quoting MommiE8983:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy492006
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:08 PM

go in to facebook and up on top right should be account and click privacy settings... now you can block specificallly him from this or everyone...click on customize settings there is a spot that says can see wall posts by friends that will block whoever you want from seeing when people post on your wall now to block what you put on other peoples wall youd have to block them from seeing your posts at all... which is at the top "posts by me" to do a specific person choose customize on the drop down menu and you can type their name in and pick them. and than...click preview my profile on top right and youll see at the top you can type in that persons name and see how that specific person sees your FB

kathysclown
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Idk then.    You could always delete him.

Quoting Rhyne:

She can't get messages for some reason, and I don't want to stop commenting on peoples status. I just don't want my dad to stalk my page.

Quoting MommiE8983:

heather406
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I dont know that you can.  On YOUR wall, it will you "so and so commented on so and so's status." with a link.  Any of your friends can click that link and be able to view both the status and what you commented.  I think you can make your entire wall private, but that kinda sucks, lol. 

MommiE8983
by McLovin on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:10 PM
Block your dad hahaha no jk :) I know there's a way to only have certain people able to your status update but I don't think you can block just one person from seeing comments you make.

Quoting Rhyne:

Quoting MommiE8983:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy492006
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM

yeah you can i had to do it a lot when me and my husband were seperated

Quoting MommiE8983:

Block your dad hahaha no jk :) I know there's a way to only have certain people able to your status update but I don't think you can block just one person from seeing comments you make.

Quoting Rhyne:

Quoting MommiE8983:

wedding website
MrsKuhn
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM
This is what I was gonna say

Quoting mommy492006:

go in to facebook and up on top right should be account and click privacy settings... now you can block specificallly him from this or everyone...click on customize settings there is a spot that says can see wall posts by friends that will block whoever you want from seeing when people post on your wall now to block what you put on other peoples wall youd have to block them from seeing your posts at all... which is at the top "posts by me" to do a specific person choose customize on the drop down menu and you can type their name in and pick them. and than...click preview my profile on top right and youll see at the top you can type in that persons name and see how that specific person sees your FB

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommiE8983
by McLovin on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Well tell op how then. That's the point if the post.

Quoting mommy492006:

yeah you can i had to do it a lot when me and my husband were seperated

Quoting MommiE8983:

Quoting Rhyne:

Quoting MommiE8983:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)