Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You lock your doors to keep the bad guys out, but its the people in your house you have to worry about ....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:43 PM
  • 47 Replies

So i just got off the phone with my BFF. I havent talked to her in a while due to busy schedules for both of us. Well they have this family friend that they call Uncle (well call him bob) Bob. Hes like family her husband has known him since he was a child. Uncle bob is a older guy. Hes kinda weird. He just talks a lot about random things and hes one of those kinds of people that thinks the government is out to get him. He doesnt own a computer or a cell phone or anything like that .... Anywho, my friend has a 3 year old and the other day her 3 year old told her "Uncle Bob licked my butt" My friend of course asked her about it and she said they were playing and he licked her butt..... Thats just so scarry. We try to keep the bad people out but turns out its the people in your family that your close to that you have to worry about ....

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mizkriz73
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:45 PM

I know it is crazy. I have family members that will never be around my kids. I am just so scared of what could happen.

zugichbaby6
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:46 PM
I agree I know I'm paranoid but I don't let anyone but maybe 3 ppl watch my son.. I was molested as a kid and will not let that happen to my son!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Most sexual molestation/abusers are a person the child knows and/or trusts.

JADIEBUG
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:47 PM

90% of child sexual abuse victims know the perpetrator in some way; 68% are abused by family members.

http://www.childhelp.org/pages/statistics/

Nyx7
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:48 PM

& this is why men who aren't her father aren't left alone w/ her.

mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Yup.

LittleMomma13
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM

statistics show children are likely to be sexually assualted by family members and family friends then strangers. it is really scary

chairhead28
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Yep. Its easier to get the child's trust. Also, if the child is a little older.. the molester will say "ill hurt mommy or daddy if you tell anyone."

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Most sexual molestation/abusers are a person the child knows and/or trusts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Women are sexual abusers too.

Quoting Nyx7:

& this is why men who aren't her father aren't left alone w/ her.

Ty_n_JadiesMom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Just reading this took my breath away. I am so stunned! BTW, you are so right. You really don't know about people these days. I hope that he didn't do more to that poor baby. (Not that what he did wasn't bad enough). I am so sorry for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)