Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told my kids were going to Disney & Florida tonight and my son can't stop ticking :(

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:04 PM
  • 39 Replies

I just want to cry for him.  My poor baby.  My son is 9.5 and has Tourettes and a severe case of ADHD.  Once I told him we were going he started ticking so bad.  (This happens usually only when hes nervous, but he said he thinks it worse bc he is excited.)  He has been clearing his throat now about every 10 seconds for 2 hours or so now.  I just want to cry for him.  I am concerned that people on the plane are going to get upset and complain.  I just dont want him to get embarrassed :( 

Keep your fingers crossed that it gets better :(

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Hope it goes well for him. Have fun!

zachzmomma07
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Quoting angie729:

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Quoting angie729:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
try_again
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:07 PM
That sucks he's ticking... but hopefully when you get there he'll be better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebeingmrs
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:08 PM
My son has autism and plays with his hands when over excited. When we went on a plane I got him a cd player and made a mix cd of his favorite songs.maybe try to find something that will keep him calm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FDNYwife
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Can he listen to music?  I only have a headset that works with my phone.  Will I be allowed to turn it on during the flight?  I havent flown in a while.

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

My son has autism and plays with his hands when over excited. When we went on a plane I got him a cd player and made a mix cd of his favorite songs.maybe try to find something that will keep him calm

Randomocity
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Poor guy :( I hope it passes quickly!

MommiE8983
by McLovin on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM
Fingers are crossed! Have fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ctfirsttimemom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:11 PM

only if you can set it to airplane mode.  You won't get a signal, but anything downloaded on the phone should work fine.

Quoting FDNYwife:

Can he listen to music?  I only have a headset that works with my phone.  Will I be allowed to turn it on during the flight?  I havent flown in a while.

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

krookmom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Yes he can. Bring anything that will keep him calm, and speak with the flight attendants. They will accommodate you, and can field questions/complaints from passengers. Would he like seeing the pilot and cockpit? Ask about letting him do that!!

Quoting FDNYwife:

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)