Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She doesnt call me anymore then calls a friend sister

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:16 PM
  • 16 Replies
Me and my twin sister have always been pretty close. we argue and fight but we always tell each other we love each other. since Everything that has happened she has changed. she is working for the first time in her life and making it on her own. dont get me wrong im so proud of her. she basically stopped calling me when i told her i couldnt watch her kids so she could go out with her friends. she calls me when she needs something and dont answer when i call her. my son was very sick and she didnt call to ask how he was. i decided im not going to let her get to me. we never called each other by name, we called each other SISTER. my mom just called and told me my sister wrote to her friend of fb and called her sister. she said sister, we have become so close these last couple months. you are always there for me whenever im happy, sad or angry. maybe it shouldnt but it bothers me so much. it hurts me knowing she dont call me but is calling her friend sister. she has known this girl for 3 months and me forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChellaWella
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:18 PM

my husband is a twin and I noticed the bond he has with his brother.  Im sorry ur sister hurt ur feelings but remember friends come and go but u guys have each other forever even if for the moment u arent really talking

try_again
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Sorry...
I don't have any advice hun!

Maybe talk to her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadeyez11
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:24 PM
I have never put my friends before my sister. i have been there for her through the hardest time in her life. it hurts me to know she would rather call this friend sister. i dont know if its just the hormones or what but im really upset. i just told my mom that its fine if she wants to call someone she hardly knows something as special to me as SISTER, but really its killing me inside. i miss the sister i have known for the past lifetime, she is not the girl she has always been.

Quoting ChellaWella:

my husband is a twin and I noticed the bond he has with his brother.  Im sorry ur sister hurt ur feelings but remember friends come and go but u guys have each other forever even if for the moment u arent really talking

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBloom777
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:34 PM
Can you have a heart to heart with her & tell her how it makes you feel. That you hold "sister" in high regard & thought she did too? Not that it makes a difference, but do you think she intended for you to see that she called another person her sister? Maybe she did it just to show that friend that she cared for her (or maybe that friend`s never had a sister & your sister used that as a term of endearment that made the friend feel good).

I don`t have a twin, but I have an older sister (3 yrs older). We`re THE BEST of friends, but there have been times in our lives where we`re closer with outside friends than with each other...maybe this is just one of those times for you guys. You guys are sisters forever & even the smallest disagreements can make you even closer...I hope you get the relationship back the way you want it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadeyez11
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:40 PM
I feel like she wanted me to see it. she didnt even tell me she got a tattoo or bought a suburban, i saw it on facebook. i didnt know we werent close right now, til she stopped answering my phone calls. but its okay i can just do me. i have to worry about my kids.

i have spent the past 4 1/2mths worrying about her and her kids. praying that the sob that hurt them pays for what he did while she is calling her friends and texting while we are sitting in the courthouse. sitting around the courthouse waiting for answers while she goes to eat with her friends. okay this is getting a bit too much im gonna stop now

Quoting MamaBloom777:

Can you have a heart to heart with her & tell her how it makes you feel. That you hold "sister" in high regard & thought she did too? Not that it makes a difference, but do you think she intended for you to see that she called another person her sister? Maybe she did it just to show that friend that she cared for her (or maybe that friend`s never had a sister & your sister used that as a term of endearment that made the friend feel good).

I don`t have a twin, but I have an older sister (3 yrs older). We`re THE BEST of friends, but there have been times in our lives where we`re closer with outside friends than with each other...maybe this is just one of those times for you guys. You guys are sisters forever & even the smallest disagreements can make you even closer...I hope you get the relationship back the way you want it!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
star33
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Sorry.maybe she'll snap out of it soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofnhimai
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:45 PM

is she mad at you?  Isn't her ex husband ; your ex boyfriend?

sadeyez11
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:47 PM
Haha i cant believe thats all you remember of us. lol yeah but i was only 15 at the time. i think she is mad at me because i didnt let her walk all over me.

Quoting momofnhimai:

is she mad at you?  Isn't her ex husband ; your ex boyfriend?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBloom777
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:55 PM
:( Aw...I`m sorry you`re so hurt honey! Really, I am. Sounds like you sister`s going through a lot right now & is probably not always thinking about what her actions are doing to you. That sucks & I`m sorry.

But for self preservation, maybe you should try to take a step back & just do you (like you said) for a while til she snaps out of it. You`re gonna love her forever, that`s how sisters are. It doesn`t mean you have to like everything she does, you know? I hope she wakes up & sees how much she`s hurting you soon!! In the meantime, don`t take on her problems as your own! Hang in there!!

Quoting sadeyez11:

I feel like she wanted me to see it. she didnt even tell me she got a tattoo or bought a suburban, i saw it on facebook. i didnt know we werent close right now, til she stopped answering my phone calls. but its okay i can just do me. i have to worry about my kids.

i have spent the past 4 1/2mths worrying about her and her kids. praying that the sob that hurt them pays for what he did while she is calling her friends and texting while we are sitting in the courthouse. sitting around the courthouse waiting for answers while she goes to eat with her friends. okay this is getting a bit too much im gonna stop now

Quoting MamaBloom777:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryhen
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:56 PM

lol I get you!! My twin sister and I we are very close, but since I moved out we sort of lost the bond, not the bond just I dont know she s been moving on and doing her life and ivebeen dealing with mine, we call eachother on a regular basis, and i moved out a couple of years ago. She just finished college and we still call eachother and visit eachother and love eachother, but she has her own friends and best friends and boyfriends and all that. It is hard to feel the bond is breaking or whatever but it isnt. She is just moving on and you have to deal with that. she will call "sister" to a lot of girls, but all of them stupid and none of them a real one who shares blood, looks, family, and even shared womb. Dont let it get you. You are her only first and original sister, no matter what.  She super loves you, but as she isnt going through those "experiences" with you as in next to you, u know?  that is why..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)