Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have the most awesome hubby in the world :)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:19 PM
  • 2 Replies

Ok, well maybe in comparison to a lot of others out there.  He's still human, and does screw up, but I promise you, I have never felt so lucky to be with someone. 

DH's brother is in town, so we decided to take him to this little hole-in-the-wall bar down the road.  It's out in the middle of nowhere, has 2 pool tables, darts and karaoke.  The main reason DH wanted to take his brother there, instead of another pool hall, is because he knows how much I love karaoke.

Anywho, I'm up singing a song, and I notice a girl had wandered over to my DH.  She was talking to him, which isn't a big deal because I'm not the super jealous type, and playing with her hair, moving closer to DH... he would back up a step and she would inch closer... I just glanced a few times out of the corner of my eye.  It's not like I was staring them down or anything.  So... I come down from the stage after my song, and was on my way to the ladies room when he reached out and grabbed me around the waist and said "This is my wife." 

See, he's not a very... affectionate person, especially out in public.  We rarely hold hands, and PDA is not on his to-do list.  Everyone knows we're together (for the most part) but we don't have to be all over each other for them to know it.  It just caught me off guard. 

He told me later that she was making him uncomfortable (I said "That's because she was flirting honey, it's what women do...") and he felt he needed to make it clear to her that he was taken, and did not come alone. 

Later she saw how well he was playing pool and came up and asked him to show her how to play that good... he said "Here, honey, why don't you show her.  I'm going to find my brother.."

She left the table a bit disappointed.  I just had to laugh - I think DH handled the whole night fairly well... poor guy didn't even recognize a woman hitting on him.  I love him so much... :)

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
dravensmum
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Awe:) your a very lucky girl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)