Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how hard is it to take care of a 2.5 yr old and newborn?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:25 PM
  • 55 Replies

i just found out im pregnant on thursday! (yay!!) we were TTC! im just wondering how hard it is to take care of a newborn and 2.5 yr old. thats how old my son will be when the baby is born! hes a pretty laid back easy goin lil man! hes well behaved so im not too concerned i just want to know what to expect! lol i say that as if im about to pop but im only 4w3d!

my BFP i got on Thurs!

my lil man blowing at the bubbles!!

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
b_rod
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:27 PM
Congrats mama! I've got a 3 year old, a 20 month old, and a 6 month old. Never a dull moment. Lol. Good luck mama! Enjoy them because they grow so fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbysmommy429
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:27 PM
I am wondering the same thing! I am due in September and DD will be 2 1/2!

Congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
getting_by_ok
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Congratulations! Usually, it is a hard to take care of two as you want to make it. With an easy going child, it is much easier, but your attitude and how relaxed you are will determine how things will go with your parentling. While you are pregnant, think about and work to get your house organized and it will be much easier. For instance, you will have baby and child clothing to manage- figure out a system to do it, a system to do laundry, a time to prepare dinner and get the house clean, all those things. Get that down and everything else will be a snap- MOST of the time!

Ms.Mysterious
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:29 PM
I had 3 under 2 years old lol never a dull moment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Not hard at all...very easy. I had 7...you can do this

HelloKitty86
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:30 PM
Its pretty easy once you get a schedule. I am pregnant right now, and aw the time this one is due, i will have 4 kids who are 4 years old and under.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angel112
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:30 PM
I have a 3 1/2 year old and an almost 2 year old. Its honestly not as hard as I thought it would be. Plus they are now best friends and play together when Im cleaning house. It will take some getting used to, but once you do its a breeze :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amada
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:30 PM

congrats! i am totally in your boat! my youngest is 14 months and i am due this july!

katiebugplus3
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Pick your battles. Don't stress over the little things.Make life FUN. If you apply those 3 basic rules to ANYTHING you do then life should go over nicely (for the most part) lol

Double_Trouble
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:31 PM
I didn't find it to hard. My twins were 2.5 when my daughter was born. The hard part is the lack of sleep. As long as you can multi task you'll be fine! Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)