Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nutrasystem Questions

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:49 PM
  • 9 Replies
I gained 15 pounds with my pregnancy and due to alot of reasons...preemie baby, c-section, etc. I haven't been able to go to the gym. I know two ladies IRL who have used it with great success but both are post menopausal. They have a plan if you need to lose 20 or less. I ordered it but I was wondering if anyone in their twenties or thirties had tried it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bonnie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I did. The food isn't all that great, to be honest. It's expensive and full of preservatives. Also, you have to buy foods to go along with the NS dietary foods.

That said, the idea behind Nutra System is a good one. The program teaches you how to eat smaller portions and to eat more often. This keeps your body burning calories steadily.

ojac
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:56 PM
Was it successful for you? I figured the food wasn't that great but I didn't think it was too expensive...we spend alot on groceries.

Quoting Bonnie:

I did. The food isn't all that great, to be honest. It's expensive and full of preservatives. Also, you have to buy foods to go along with the NS dietary foods.

That said, the idea behind Nutra System is a good one. The program teaches you how to eat smaller portions and to eat more often. This keeps your body burning calories steadily.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PreemieMom.2009
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:02 PM

dido....I did loose weight but only 10lbs before i sold it on ebay to someone else and went on Weight Watchers where i have had real success. I dont have to plan 2 meals for every meal ( me n everyone else) like with NS, and i can eat real food, and the catch on the free week is you don't get to pick and they send you the GROSSEST shit on the menu LOL.. I would rather eat cardboard.. Weight watchers was by far cheaper, better and works :)

Quoting Bonnie:

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:04 PM
We're on it now, the food is hit or miss, a lot of miss. It's just not good. We'll see it through, but I wouldn't do it again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaedog3
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:05 PM

i did it, the food was ok i had great resaults!!! here is the link of my post when i was doing it

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/12256245/UPDATE_UPDATE_2_IN_RED_today_9_24_pic_heavy_some_pics_may_be_way_tmi_graphic_for_some

abbysmommy429
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:07 PM
I always see that on QVC, but I've never tried it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bonnie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Yes and no, OP. Some of the food was so awful (to me) that I started skipping meals. Which ruins the whole idea of the diet.

A month's supply runs in the area of 400. That is if you go with all of the prepackaged, dry foods and none of the frozen. You're still going to be spending a good amount at the grocery store for your fresh supplements.

Instead, I researched and planned healthier meals. Ate smaller portions. Often. I will eat 5-6 times daily and over the course of the last six months, I have lost nearly 40 pounds.

Of course, this is combined with plenty of excercise and rest. It's a whole new lifestyle for me and I feel much better than ever before.

ojac
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:25 PM
I just need easy at this point.

Quoting Bonnie:

Yes and no, OP. Some of the food was so awful (to me) that I started skipping meals. Which ruins the whole idea of the diet.

A month's supply runs in the area of 400. That is if you go with all of the prepackaged, dry foods and none of the frozen. You're still going to be spending a good amount at the grocery store for your fresh supplements.

Instead, I researched and planned healthier meals. Ate smaller portions. Often. I will eat 5-6 times daily and over the course of the last six months, I have lost nearly 40 pounds.

Of course, this is combined with plenty of excercise and rest. It's a whole new lifestyle for me and I feel much better than ever before.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bonnie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:26 PM

NS isn't the route for you if you need easy then. It's time consuming.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)