Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it weird

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
That I let my 4 year old son be nakie at home? He hates clothes has sensory issues. When people are over he's clothed. I was told I should force him to wear clothes cuz he wears them other places. He does but he hates it. He only does cuz he has too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:01 PM

I don't know, but I have a question for you. What made you think to get him tested for sensory issues? Does he have another condition that triggers it? I am just curious as to what triggers sensory issues. Is it just that he doesn't like wearing clothes... a lot of children are like this. Does that mean they all have sensory issues or does it mean that kids just don't like to wear clothes?

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:02 PM

no im the same way with my boys they are 2 and 4

CoolMommyofboys
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:04 PM

no if he is clothed when others come over and when you leave, seems fine to me...I'd hate for my child to be unhappy at home all of the time

kristy0833
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:10 PM
Oh no its not just clothes. Its EVERYTHING. right down to temp and texture of food. He will freak out screaming hitting himself if his shirt is too tight or his socks are crunchy( no idea why he says that they are crunchy that's just his wording) he will freak out if anything on his hands. But the nakie thing idk he's always hated clothes. Lol. So I put baggier clothes mostly softer on him. He can't wear collared shirts. He was seeing a therapist but she just wanted to throw him on anxiety meds so we quit going. The Drs and birth to 3 said he has SPD and OCD tendancies. I refuse medication. We go by the book out of sync child. Very helpful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristy0833
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Hmm this was supposed to quote the first reply

Quoting kristy0833:

Oh no its not just clothes. Its EVERYTHING. right down to temp and texture of food. He will freak out screaming hitting himself if his shirt is too tight or his socks are crunchy( no idea why he says that they are crunchy that's just his wording) he will freak out if anything on his hands. But the nakie thing idk he's always hated clothes. Lol. So I put baggier clothes mostly softer on him. He can't wear collared shirts. He was seeing a therapist but she just wanted to throw him on anxiety meds so we quit going. The Drs and birth to 3 said he has SPD and OCD tendancies. I refuse medication. We go by the book out of sync child. Very helpful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Thank you for explaining. I would do whatever I needed to do to make sure my child was comfortable at home. Home is supposed to be a safe haven from the world, right? I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Quoting kristy0833:

CafeMom Tickersboy kissing momst. patricks day

i.heart.rachel
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:12 PM

If he wears them when others are there, then why can't he wear them when you're home alone? A sensory issue doesn't just turn itself off.

Cymbeline
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

If he wears them when others are there, then why can't he wear them when you're home alone? A sensory issue doesn't just turn itself off.

I believe one has to have time to relax in between pretending for the normal world.

OP, try and find soft cotton underwear. Then, make a compromise. My youngest is the same way.

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:16 PM

My kids are all, "naked" kids, so what!

kristy0833
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:17 PM
No it don't. He just would rather be nakie. I just don't see the big deal about the nakieness. If he's more comfortable nakie why not? That's my point it has nothing to do with the sensory issues. I was just fighting with my mom. And it came up

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)