Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

God Forbid

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM
  • 15 Replies

Something terrible ever happens to you(you in general) and you have to get on PA.  Something you swore would never happen. Something you swore only happens to people who are stupid or who have made terrible choices. Then you are the one who starts living in poverty. I'm so sick of seeing all these High horsed people who think they will never need help and who think that the reason people are on PA are because of the choices they have made. That may be true for some people on PA but not for all of them. Why don't you walk a mile in sombody's shoes before judging them and making assumptions. Why don't you step back and just think for a minute how easily you could be the next one in poverty. The next one to lose your job, or house, or lose your income all together, the income you had worked so hard for.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KrazyMyra
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:25 PM
I dont care how ppl live. Now i just dont like the ppl that are on PA just cause they are lazy and dont want to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
star33
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:25 PM
Agreed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:25 PM

I've always tried to prepare myself for the what if's. But we don't truly know what the future holds. That is why I never enter those post on PA. Who am I to judge?

activitymode
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM
yay, another waste of time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HomeSweetHome77
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:27 PM

too many people are in denial lol

no one ever thinks anything could happen to them. but when they least expect it, they just might fall flat on their butts and be in the same situation they once judged negatively on. oh well.. its just another life lesson.

momofnhimai
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:37 PM

blah blah, another PA posting!

SinfulBliss
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:39 PM

A different, but relevant point- Why CARE what people think? People do what's best for their family and if someone else feels like judging, let them. Brush it off, forget about it. Because at the end of the day, what they think doesn't matter or effect your family.

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:41 PM
Woo hoo! OP life is much simpler if you don't let people's opinions affect you.

Quoting activitymode:

yay, another waste of time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:42 PM

I don't think I have ever seen someone who doesn't like people on PA.
People just have an issue with people who abuse the system. Who don't take the steps to get off PA, who just sit and collect without doing anything to better their situation.

I have no issue with people on PA, I benefited from it a ton when I was a kid. I probably wouldn't be here without food stamps and medicaid! I seriously would be dead from asthma!

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:42 PM

why dont you post in one color?

oh bc its your choice...now apply that idea towards others...its their choice what they want to think about whatever. if you need the help, get it. who gives a shit what other people think. theyre not going to pay your bills or put food on your table, so why does a strangers opinion matter so much to you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)