Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I ask my doctor to check me?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm 33 weeks, and I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I would really like to see if he will check and see if I'm dilated or just to see how things are going. I've been having BH contractions and TONS of pressure in my pelvis and cervical pain. I think I'm leaking fluid, too. Is it okay to ask him to check me, just to put me at ease or let me know where I stand?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Sugaree.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:24 PM
It's really pointless. And potentially dangerous, ESPECIALLY if u are leakage fluid. Once there is a break in the amniotic sac nothing should be in your vagina including a doctors hand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daytripn
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Remember he is your doctor, you are his customer, and he works for YOU. Ask him anything you want.

Momof2boyskj
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:27 PM
You should just go ahead and ask him what he thinks and go from there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Sure you can.

Randomocity
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:28 PM

If you think you're leaking fluid, you should probably head to L&D to get checked out.

sam12796
by Sandy on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:28 PM

it can't hurt to ask. Tell him your concerns the most he will say is no

MaggieL623
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Quoting Momof2boyskj:

You should just go ahead and ask him what he thinks and go from there

Doesnt hurt to ask!! is this ur first child?? i remember when i was somewhere around that far along and had a lot of pressure down there... the baby is prlly working on dropping or just getting heavy! hehe

CoolMommyofboys
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:29 PM

THIS...you are paying him, right :)        

Quoting Daytripn:

Remember he is your doctor, you are his customer, and he works for YOU. Ask him anything you want.

NewJoyOn1308
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I'm sure he will check you whether or not you ask.

whittybug
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I went to L&D last week and they said if it was water leaking it would be a constant stream and not a slow leak so they just sent me home. But I really think it's fluid, and with all the other things I've been feeling I'm just a little concerned. I just switched OB's and my previous doctor missed a couple of serious problems because he basically didn't give a shit, told me nothing, and I feel so out of the loop with this pregnancy that I just want to be looked at so I can know what's going on.

Quoting Randomocity:

If you think you're leaking fluid, you should probably head to L&D to get checked out.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)