Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boy I have a shoe question!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:30 PM
  • 8 Replies

Alright I have a SS and I recently have taken over buying his clothes lol. I am one of those moms who make sure her kids look there best when they leave lol. Anyways so I am trying to transfer his closet into a more...preppy look I guess well that's what my mom calls it lol. Cargo pants, plaid shorts, polo shirts etc. Anyway a lot of his summer stuff is gonna be the plaid shorts and polo shirts look but what kind of summer shoes can I buy to go along with it? Should I try flip flops? TIA. Btw he is 4.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Why is everything funny?

CoolMommyofboys
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM

this prob. isn't going to be popular in here but my boys that are three and even the six year old love Crocs- I love them also because the boys can put them on themselves

he might not keep flip flops on?

BettyBlythe
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:34 PM
Boat shoes! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.thickie.thick.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Ralph Lauren slip ons look adorable w/ plaid shorts! And w/ polo's all together.

Since ;preppy is what you are going for , what about white k-swiss? My ex used to wear those w/ all his summer things when he dressed 'preppy'.

.thickie.thick.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:38 PM
ShadowRaven
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Most of my ds's wardrobe from last summer was plaid shorts and polo shirts...we had shoes similar to these and sandals like this. Oh, and we got them at Walmart/Shoe Carnival for cheaper than what those links give. :)

Manaroo
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I get my sons shoes from Stride Rite.  They usully have sandals that go with everything.  He had a pair of crocs last year, but he tripped on them quite a bit.  When buying his clothes, I would also look into getting some more "athletic" type stuff as well.  Like swishy shorts and tshirts.  I bought my son a lot of polo shirts last year, and he hardly wore any of them...he would get really hot in them when out playing!  They worked well for going out, but not so much for playtime!

Cearley_est_02
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:43 PM
Boat or deck shoes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)