Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is having a "formal" wedding wrong??

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:07 PM
  • 43 Replies
So me & my df are getting married in May :) We are having a pretty big wedding @ a really beautiful location. Its going to be a pretty nice event that I am sooo looking forward to. Well Ive had a few people comment to me on why I am having such a formal wedding when we already have a child & a house etc...and how we should have just went to the courthouse to get it legalized or had a backyard wedding. Sooo just because we are living as a "married" couple already means we dont get to have a big wedding to celebrate us actually being legally married? I personally dont think that matters, its still a huge deal for me and I want to celebrate it how I`ve always dreamed I would. So are women who already have children & a house not supposed to have an actual wedding? Well regardless its too late now everythings been booked! lol just wish everyone could share in my happiness...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytohuddy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:09 PM
I had people criticize me for the same thing. If you want a big wedding have one. Our son was part of the service.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsjksimmons
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Congrats! I think it is fine. You can get married any way you want. :)

romanceparty4u
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Nobody should be allowed to steal that "dream wedding" away from you, regardless of how long you have been together, whether you have kids, etc. Even if it's your 9th wedding, it's YOUR wedding.

Enjoy it, it might be the last one you'll ever have.....as it (in a perfect world) should be.

erinbills
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I think you wedding should be what ever you want it to be. My husband and I are wedding photographers and I can't count how many weddings we have done that the bride and groom already had children.

AshMomToShawn
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:15 PM

I think anyone should get married however they want to.

Ricanmami1
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:16 PM

you shouldnt care what poeple say goodluck congratulations mama

FL2AK
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:16 PM
Have the wedding that you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ecasrev
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM

As long as you can afford it, you can any kind of wedding you'd like...It sounds like those people are jealous, ignore them. :)

allyson2212
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM

I think its great! Have the wedding that YOU want, dont let other people bring you down. Congrats!!

strongerthanB4
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:18 PM

It's YOUR day and you can do it anyway you want. I just made a post with my ideas for favors on the tables and they were called tacky, but I do not see the point in spending a ton of money on freakin paper bags, that people are going to throw away....lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)