Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I get into trouble??? (school related)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:04 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am retaking a class for a stupid reason.  It is a different professor but all the same questions on the papers.  Can I use the same paper that I wrote if I revise it a little?

I mean is it plagarism if I wrote it?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FieryDragonfly
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:06 PM

That would be something that you would want to discuss with your professor some wont care but some will tell you that since you had to take the class over you have to redo all the work.

Otherwise I would say that you cant get into trouble because you did the work in the first place so you just need to revise it to suit this teacher.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:07 PM

i agree with PP

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:08 PM

i don't think he would know that you where using your work from before since it is a different teacher so i would 

Wtshubbypst
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:08 PM

I would talk to the teacher just to make sure, you don't want to use all your old papers and end up failing and having to retake the class again.

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM
It's up to the professor. I've never had one that was ok with a recycled paper though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:09 PM

You can use the same paper over again. It would be a good idea to read it over and fix any mistakes. 

Docgirl2000
by Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:10 PM

I'm in the same boat as you at the moment. I'm trying to write whole new papers but I know that a lot of what I'm writing was in my old papers. I've gotten to the point where I've been citing and referencing myself in my new papers. Just like I would cite or reference a resource written by someone else. Do the best you can to make your new papers different and CYA by citing and referencing yourself. GL!!

Ataemommy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:18 PM
It's called paper recycling, and when I grade a recycled paper, I give it an automatic F and report the student for plagiarizing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaelaasmom
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:20 PM
I would discuss it with the professor just to be sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ataemommy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:20 PM
Lol are you guys not aware we have software programs now that easily catch plagiarism and paper borrowed and traded and recycled through different classes? Christ.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

i don't think he would know that you where using your work from before since it is a different teacher so i would 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)