Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously!!!! would you live or die in the wild if you had no choice but to kill and hunt your own food? *yes that means killing wild animals*

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM
  • 137 Replies

my friends post got me thinking, how many could really live off the land and surive out in the wild if you had to kill the deer, elk, moose, cougars, ect..? 

****EDIT**** 

so i never said if i could survive.. if my husband showed me how to i coudl do it. the cleaning up the blood is what would get to me, but after that i could clean and prep it... a family has to eat right?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lanie_momofone
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:45 PM

If i had too...i could. Im a farm girl at heart :). However i have to admit, i would be eating fish alot since they are much easier to kill...a deer i would feel so bad about killing. I would be one skinny momma thats for sure lol.

Isaacsmom5354
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I would live just fine. My hubby and son hunt all the time. I've shot a deer before and I love to fish. My son just shot a 200 lb hog yesterday. Here's a pic...

BlueEyes689
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Quoting Lanie_momofone:

If i had too...i could. Im a farm girl at heart :). However i have to admit, i would be eating fish alot since they are much easier to kill...a deer i would feel so bad about killing. I would be one skinny momma thats for sure lol.

oh i love me some fish.. and i am an amimal lover at heart but i would do wat i had to, to live you know, like they did back in the 1800's in the west. i live in colorado

SLGross215
by Sarah on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I could definitely do it if I had to

Mama07Shorty
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:47 PM

i could survive i grew up fishing and if i really had to and much as it would make me sad i would kill to eat and do what i could with the whole animal

romanceparty4u

I would fish.

BlueEyes689

Quoting Isaacsmom5354:

I would live just fine. My hubby and son hunt all the time. I've shot a deer before and I love to fish. My son just shot a 200 lb hog yesterday. Here's a pic...

thats awesome. im proud of him. 

Daytripn

If I had a gun or knife, no problem. if I didn't I would get very skinny!

MommyAnnaBanana

I could live a vegetarian lifestyle off the land if it came down to it.  

Photobucket

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

HeartsCombined
Only if I had to...though I doubt I'd be very good at it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)