Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teach your children manners!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:45 PM
  • 15 Replies

We took our 2 year old to the park today. The weathers gorgeous, and he loves being there. So off we went. Instead of pulling out the double stroller, I decided to wear my 2 month old. That way I could walk through the park as my son played, keeping an eye on him.

I must say, I was APPALLED at the lack of manners most of the kids at the playground had! Shoving, snatching, getting in the way. And the adults were no better! My son was shoved down the stairs, and when he wanted to slide down the slide, an older child (at least 10) sat on the bottom and wouldn't move. I asked him TWICE to move, and he ignored me! Wth!!! So there's my two year old, at the top of the slide, crying because he can't go down (we taught him not to slide down when there's someone on the slide) and the kids BEHIND him are yelling at him to go. Then as I'm going to get him, this little girl (maybe 5?) pushed him down the slide! And of course he wasn't sitting down right (he was crouching because I was coming to get him) he topples down head first.

And the whole time, as I'm standing off to the side, I'm being shoved by kids running. I mean seriously?? You're going to push a lady holding an infant?

It was awful! I just wanted to slap each child acting up! I understand being a little rambunctious, but this was ridiculous.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love_My_Leah
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:47 PM
Ohh I would have flipped out on somebody!!! I'm sorry :( I took DD to the park last week but she had a good experience, a girl probably 2-3 years older held her hand and helped her on everything (DD is 2 1/2)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lanie_momofone
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I dislike going to the park with my dd ....because of this reason. I don't think that children have half the manners that we grew up with.  

KnitWit0686
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:50 PM

We haven't had a problem like that at the park yet, but I'm sure it will happen. I agree with you 100% people really need to watch their kids at the park and make sure they aren't being brats... 

Velany
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM

we took the kids to the park yesterday and i had to  tell DS several times to wait his turn cause he started pushing other kids out of the way =( So when he didnt listen for the third time...we left...end of that ...we will try it agian in a few days he has been begging to go back.

catk78
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:55 PM

People in general need to learn manners. That is and will always be my pet peeve. The other day I was in line at Rite Aid waiting to get my prescription and this mother is yelling at her very well behaved kids, she seemed like a bitch for no reason. So I tell her daughter, "what a pretty dress you have on" and she says nothing. Like that pisses me off, cuz as a mother I would have my daughter say thank you maam, or thank you miss. I mean when I left I smiled at her and she looked right at me and didn't smile or say anything. I wanted to grab her and ask her if she is a social retard or just thinks it is ok to walk through life being that damn rude (IM TALKING ABOUT THE MOTHER HERE, NOT THE CHILD)

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:58 PM
I avoid the park at certain times of day for this reason. When we go in the mornings, there are more preschool aged kids there. And Saturdays and Sundays--forget it!! I have so been there, I feel u. Some will just mow the small ones over :( I get angry too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy.since.09
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:00 PM

I think we're definitely sticking to weekday mornings :/

Quoting iamcafemom83:

I avoid the park at certain times of day for this reason. When we go in the mornings, there are more preschool aged kids there. And Saturdays and Sundays--forget it!! I have so been there, I feel u. Some will just mow the small ones over :( I get angry too.

MommyAnnaBanana
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Or perhaps her well behaved children have been instructed to not speak to strangers.  ;)

And I have read (right here on CM) that some women will not smile back because they feel like a smile is an invasion of their personal space.  Hahahaha gotta love CM.

Quoting catk78:

People in general need to learn manners. That is and will always be my pet peeve. The other day I was in line at Rite Aid waiting to get my prescription and this mother is yelling at her very well behaved kids, she seemed like a bitch for no reason. So I tell her daughter, "what a pretty dress you have on" and she says nothing. Like that pisses me off, cuz as a mother I would have my daughter say thank you maam, or thank you miss. I mean when I left I smiled at her and she looked right at me and didn't smile or say anything. I wanted to grab her and ask her if she is a social retard or just thinks it is ok to walk through life being that damn rude (IM TALKING ABOUT THE MOTHER HERE, NOT THE CHILD)

Photobucket

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Bonnie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:04 PM

This is why we built a playscape at home when they were little. I hated taking mine to the park.

Sorry, Mama. :(

mom_dl6
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:08 PM

they would have seen the demons come out  in me,, seriously thats why kids are the way they are parents don't dicipline at all! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)