Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Serious question.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:49 PM
  • 29 Replies

‎4 million people "like" the page "I LOVE BEING BLACK". Only 50,000 "like" the page "I LOVE BEING WHITE". Yet the population is like 80% white. What does all of that mean exactly? Is it more socially acceptable to love being black?

WHY?

Type in DRAMA LLAMAS to join my team! I pledged 35 pounds, and it's FREE! Give food to those in need by losing weight, how awesome is that?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-xoxo-
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:51 PM

If you're a white person who loves being white, you're viewed as racist. At least that's the way it seems. 

i.heart.rachel
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Quoting -xoxo-:

If you're a white person who loves being white, you're viewed as racist. At least that's the way it seems. 

Why is that?

Type in DRAMA LLAMAS to join my team! I pledged 35 pounds, and it's FREE! Give food to those in need by losing weight, how awesome is that?

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM

It's more socially acceptable to love being anything but white.  White pride is bad in our society. 

Personally I don't get being proud for your race/color.  It's not an accomplishment, why be proud?

HeartsCombined
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:54 PM
Agreed and I know DH would say the same thing. I meet some of the most racist people who call others racist.

Quoting -xoxo-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-xoxo-
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:55 PM

No clue lol. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it probably has something to do with slavery. 

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

Quoting -xoxo-:

Why is that?

MultiPara
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I "like" I love being white.

TrevonsMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:59 PM

I am black and really do not see anything wrong with some one saying they are proud to be white (latino, asian, or whatever else). I say be proud of who (or what) you are. I think that more whites are worried that some how black people are going to see them as racist if it is they say or join something like that...When in reality most do not give a damn lol.

Also through out history "white pride" has been used by racist organziations so that is why some may see it as racist.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Quoting -xoxo-:

catk78
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Of course it is. That is why it is ok to have a BET channel and "black to the future" on VH1 and a million other "black" pride things. When black people have "only black" things, it is considered black pride. When any other race does the exact same thing, it is racism! So black people feel more comfortable showing "black pride" with that page and white people I am sure are more apprehensive, becuase they don't want to come off as a racist, KKK member. (btw I am neither white or black, before I get called a white racist bitch, by some black mother on here)

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:00 PM

It's politically incorrect to be proud of your race if you're white.  Fortunately I'm not politically correct.  Hypersensitivity about race makes me laugh!  Get over it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)