Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Schnauzer

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:24 PM
  • 39 Replies
Not sure if I spelt that right. Does anyone know anything about them with kids found one at the shelter. Shes available for adoption on Friday if she's not claimed before then she's a stray... Any info? I'm reading up on them just wanted personal experiences.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Justine1123
by Justine on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:33 PM

as far as i know they make good fam dogs with kids iv'e never met a bad one, but it's good to check into it too like you are ,, the internet is great!

Carolannie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:34 PM

BUMP!

Justine1123
by Justine on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:35 PM
Thanks

Quoting mom_dl6:

as far as i know they make good fam dogs with kids iv'e never met a bad one, but it's good to check into it too like you are ,, the internet is great!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:36 PM
My sister has one. He's very smart, and very good with my kids. He is also very "yippy" which I find incredibly annoying, lol. He's good with other animals too. Other than that I don't personally know a lot about them. I have a Great Dane. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:37 PM

My sister owns two and my nephew owns two. He has a step dd and the dogs are all good around her and around my kids. Very well mannered. My sister and nephew have taken  a lot of time training them.

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Schnauzers can be wonderful family pets. I had one growing up that was like an old soul. She could sense that my oldest sister was differant (She is MR) and looked out for her. Though she was protective of all of us.  Schauzers tend to be aloof with with strangers and can be yappy. If you adopt this dog I would recommend that you socialize the dog well around people get him/her used to differant situations.

Justine1123
by Justine on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:42 PM
Rub it in lol they have one of those i want him but against apartment rules and I can't move that quick.

Quoting toopicky429:

My sister has one. He's very smart, and very good with my kids. He is also very "yippy" which I find incredibly annoying, lol. He's good with other animals too. Other than that I don't personally know a lot about them. I have a Great Dane. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM
Thanks for info
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
21noahsmama21
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Yes, they are great dogs.  I have one, my mom has three.  They are great dogs, they do need grooming every couple of months, or you can learn to do it yourself.  They make great apt dogs, they are very easy to train.  The only REAL warning I have is DO NOT GIVE IT PEOPLE FOOD! Pancreatitis is very dangerous, and is very prominent in schnauzers when not given teh correct diet.  Other than that, they are healthy dogs, hardly sheds (no dog is TRULY non-shedding but these are pretty close).  PM me w/ any questions.  They are much like toddlers as puppies.  I would recommend crate training as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)