Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good baby wash for eczema?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:36 PM
  • 7 Replies
DD has eczema and it has flared up bad recently. Any good baby washes that are good for eczema? We never had luck with Aveeno.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Dove Sensitive Skin.  My pedi recommended it. 

I bought the Baby Eczema Wash in the green bottle from the baby section, made it 10x worse.  Dove is awesome.  Also Aveeno Oatmeal bath packets.

zugichbaby6
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:38 PM

mustela....its amazing :)

morisa32
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:39 PM

My 5 yr old has Eczema, We use the Aveeno Oatmeal, it seems to help, and the sent free laundry detergent.

bluebunbun
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:40 PM

best thing for anyone with eczema also as lotion just use aquaphor

Quoting .k.e.l.l.i.e.:

Dove Sensitive Skin.  My pedi recommended it. 

I bought the Baby Eczema Wash in the green bottle from the baby section, made it 10x worse.  Dove is awesome.  Also Aveeno Oatmeal bath packets.

crvlev1
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I have been searching for over a year for a REALLY good one.The best so far though that I have found is the dollar general brand co-co butter and aloe one.

rowantex
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Our allergist recommends soaking our 6MO for 30 min in leukwarm water up to his shoulders everyday WITHOUT soap (Dove sensitive only if dirty). If you do use a product, do it last--they should only soak in clean water. So that's what I've been doing, well 20 min about 5x week. We have a Tummy Tub so the soaking part is easy and he loves bath time.

The water soak opens up the skin enough to let in the water it so desperately needs.Then you have to keep it there. So when we're done, I carry him to his room, without towel drying, and immediately rub in a moisturizer. We're using Aquaphor for winter. Then we let him rest and his skin recover before dressing. I add some medicine if it's a bad flare.

It seemed counterintutive at frst, but we have seen a huge improvement since we started doing this. Mind you, his eczema is not as bad as some kids, but his skin is so soft now.

rmfanfgljf
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:51 PM
My pedi just recently said absolutely no soap wash for out son and his eczema cleared up in a few days. We also use the tide free for laundry detergent and all free and clear for the soap and bounce free dryer sheets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)