Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

huskie/great dane/ lab mix

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:07 PM
  • 13 Replies
So im thinking about getting a puppy! does any one have any of those breeds listed in the title? can you tell me anything about them? im going to spend some time with the puppies before i decide on which one is best for my family and what not i just wanted to know what y'all had to say about those breeds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
colins_mom
by Heather on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:36 PM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haileys-mama
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:37 PM

husky is not the best family dog.

jmart18255
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:39 PM

and unless you have LOTS of room a great dane is probably not a good idea either since the are humongous! but they are sweet dogs as are labs. my parents had our family lab put down about 2 years ago because she was suffering but she was the best dog ever!

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Is this mix in ONE dog?

Do you know much about the breeds? Have you ever delt with a high demand dog before?

nicsmama09
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:42 PM

we have a black lab great dane mix

he is the best

very hyper as a puppy so be prepared and be patient.

i love him though.. and he gives the best cuddles and is the best around my ds who is only 1

redneckmama2

labs and great danes are awesome dogs but they both need a bit of room... the great dane mainly because of its size and both love to run. but they are both very loyal and intelligent breeds. huskys i dont know anything about other than that they are beautiful dogs

T-Rentsmommy06

If you haven't had any of the above, I suggest not starting with them with young kids. They take a lot of time and attention. But a lab would be the easiest. Good luck.

nicsmama09

my other dog is a husky mix she doesnt like being around my baby

but she is a good dog, very smart, if you have older kids i'd say that's fine i had one as a kid

he was a great dog too

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Huskies are very independent dogs - and very smart. Which make them extremly hard to train. Once they are they are loving and loyal members of the house .

Great Danes - are large - and that comes with their own list of issues with training - but again can be loving members of the house

Labs are usually easier to train since they were bred to work WITH man not FOR them generally.

However all three breeds are on the top of the high energy scale - and if you dont train and exercise their demands - they may just become one of the worst things that can happen to your house, the least of it being a dog who destroys property -the worst is a dog who takes over and is a potential biter.

Bonnie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:44 PM

I would love to see what this puppy looks like.

Something you should know about labs, though, is that they are high energy dogs and they are puppies much longer than most other breeds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)