Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As a Parent.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

So many of you know where I was at this weekend. Well Saturday, I was in the family lounge, Which is where the families can go relax while the children run wild. And yes we parents do that EVERY funcation that we have. Because that's what it's about, and we know if the kids need to get back to us, our DJ will page us, or the college kids will come get us.

Well I was in the lounge waiting for a meeting to start. And my doctor who is just simply AMAZING, came and sat down with me, and talked. He said I am at the atage of my life that I didn't need to keep coming back, because he doesn't want me to be worried anymore. As I told him that I havent been there in the 3 years because I get EXTEREMELY NERVOUS, everytime I walk into his office. I told him my plan. And he agrees it's a great plan. But I also told him as a parent, that is my greatest fear was for Addison to fall ill with cancer. He just looked at me in shock. And said. "If it happens, which I'm sure it won't, because she looks amazing and looks exteremely healthy, but if by some slim chance it does happen, we will be there for you again." How can you hate a school/hostipal with doctors that say that kind of thing to you?

Anyways, as a parent, what are you greatest fears? That's my greatest fear is she will have to go through what I did.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jmz0707
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:50 PM

I am always afraid that she will get a terminal illness, kidnapped, or be in an accident that kills her. I don't want my baby to be in pain and I don't want to lose her!

Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:00 PM

I have a lingering fear that when she goes to sleep she won't wake up, she is three and I still can't sleep well, I kiss her a million times and tell her I love her to the point she gets annoyed with me at bedtime

AddisonsMommy12
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Awwwww!!! I have that fear as well. So I don't sleep much either, but it's also because I have sleep issues. But she gets annoyed with me as well. Especially because today, I hogged her to myself after watching the rememberance (Spell Check?) video where we were at. I bawled my eyes out. But she told me "Mommy, you need to stop kissing me right now, because it's enough."

Quoting Irenesmommy:

I have a lingering fear that when she goes to sleep she won't wake up, she is three and I still can't sleep well, I kiss her a million times and tell her I love her to the point she gets annoyed with me at bedtime

AddisonsMommy12
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:10 PM

BUMP!

MixedCooke
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:51 PM

considering I just went to the funeral of my friend's son, I would say to out-live my children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)