Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'M SO MAD AT MY MOM!!! *VENT*

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:12 PM
  • 125 Replies
Ok, this past Friday, after the kids had went to bed, dh and I had put on a dvd, Human Centipede to be exact, and my 11 year old ds came walked into the living room (an hour into the movie mind you)and had a panic attack due to the graphic nature of the movie (he fainted and we had to call EMS). And of course I called my mom, but today she told me that I'm inconsiderate and that me and "my husband" should make sacrifices for the kids the same way she did for me and stop being so selfish. WTF?!! I love my mother, but I had to tell her this one time that she needed to back off, it's not like I put the movie on for Family Night and MADE him watch it. I also told her that I'm not her, and that I do make sacrifices but I'm not going to sacrifice my "me time" when they are asleep that's crazy. I need sometime to myself!!! I'm a SAHM who has 2 toddlers all day and I run and play with them all day and when my big kids come home from school, it's homework and dinner, and counseling or martial arts. and after a long day, I think I deserve to watch whatever I want to watch AFTER my kids are in bed asleep and I'm giving my husband some attention!!! I'm just so damn annoyed right now!!! Vent over. Thanks for reading, I just needed to get that out before I lost my mind!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moniagee
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:13 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Let it roll off your back and if it ever happens again (which I doubt) do not call your mother

nishchav
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:16 PM

im with you i would go crazy without my "me" time

Sarah993
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:16 PM
I agree with you. After the kids are in bed it is adult time with adult shows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleMomma13
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:17 PM

ok your mom is wrong but that is a seriously disgusting movie and if its so bad it made your kid pass out then I think its not one that should be in the house. or at least not one to watch when the kids are there. save it for when they have sleep overs. you can't guarantee the kids won't get up and come out or sneak it when your not around. sorry your mad at your mom but its jmo

djh0505
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I don't understand how you mom would have to feel that she has a say on what goes on in your home, you are able to watch what you want to watch, and if your son came in and seen something that scared him, then your mom should have been a little more sympathic and say something along the lines of sorry about that happening or something, she should not be critizing you on your decisions, I hope that your son is ok, and has no lasting effects from what he seen. I know that I would have been  horrified at the reaction that it created.

LittleMomma13
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:19 PM

but....we also watch "our" movies like that in our room so we can turn it off if they come into the room so they don't see it

HomeSweetHome77
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:21 PM

omg aww he is ok now?

i cant believe he fainted. i seen the movie and it was beyond disturbing and disgusting. is your child easily traumatized ? im just curious how you handled that...xoxo

so sorry about your mom.. i can tell you how much i understand having such a judgemental mother. i hope it blows over soon!

shylosmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I agree with you. Mom needs to back off.

.Sarah.Marie.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:21 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)