Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it's 10 pm do you know where your kids are?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:55 PM
  • 37 Replies

we were visiting my bil his wife and their 5 kids ages newborn to 8, he is a lawyer and makes really good money so their house is huge, finished basement two stories and 6 bedrooms. we were sleeping in the spare room in the basement. 8 o clock rolls around and my sil puts a pile of pajamas at the foot of the stairs and yells "get ready for bed" the kids grab their clothes and go to their rooms. We hang out for a bit while she is nursing the newborn talking and catching up, then it's 10 and we are tired so we go to our room downstairs, I was turning off lights and literally tripped on my nephew who is asleep on the floor in front of the tv, still in his clothes from the day, my bil and sil are already asleep,  my kid is 3 so carrying a 6 year old was very complicated, two flights of stairs and trying to determine which room was his, finally found his room took off his shoes and tucked him in. I guess I just don't get it, sure I could have left him there to sleep but I felt bad just leaving him sleeping on the floor. I think my biggest issue is that there was no roll call, no making sure the kids are tucked in and kissed goodnight.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissLydie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:56 PM

BUMP!

Love_My_Leah
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Awww that's sad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:57 PM

1 is sleeping and the other is probably having her milk and about to go to bed.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I had 7 and made sure they were all tucked in each night way before 10:00, lol

And now that 5 are adults and live on their own.......Still call each and everyone a couple times during the day to make sure everything is okay (if they don't call me first) and I call them all at night to make sure they are all home safe and sound

Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I considered knocking on their door to ask what to do but the new baby was sleeping in there and I didn't want to cause a rukus

Sagely
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:59 PM
LoL. It's really only funny because nothing bad happened. But yeah, they should definitely think about some sort of head count roll call thing. Imagine one being left behind in a fire or some sort of Home Alone scenario (albeit less comical).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juicebox.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I sent mine to a party around 6, he isn't home yet, but he's almost preschool aged, so I'm not worried.

Sassy01
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Well lets see, my youngest one is in her room talking to her Boyfriend online, the oldest one doesn't live at home anymore but I know she is at a get together with some of her Horse Crazy gal friends.

bellarose1230
Girls are in there bed sleeping for school ds is in his bed wide awake
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarterMommy

i have 4 kids, 6, 3(tomorrow!!!), almost 20 months and 1 month... everyone gives hugs and kisses before bed and tucks most nights

right now the older 3 are asleep in their beds and baby boy is 1/2 asleep nursing in my lap :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)