Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Letter of complaint, is this ok???

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:17 PM
  • 42 Replies

We bought a new couch from the brick over the weekend and this guy was a total douchebag.. Well the story is in the letter. Anyways is it written alright??? I just want some input before I hit send. Thanks!! :)

Hi there,

Several months ago, my husband and I were at your North location in Regina, Saskatchewan looking for a sectional couch. We were helped by a man named Brad. We found our experience with him to be quite unpleasant as he was pushy and gave us a generally uneasy feeling. He was really trying to make a sale, even if it was something we didn't quite want. I was also 8 months pregnant at the time with our second child and was feeling uncomfortable on any couch that I tried. We decided in the end not to purchase anything that day and left a frustrated Brad without a sale.

Fast forward to the present. This past Friday, February 18th, we returned to your North location. We were again in the market for a sectional. This time, we had both children with us, were well rested and ready to make a purchase. We specifically did not want to deal with Brad and luckily we were approached instantly by an incredibly nice young man who was very pleasant and helpful. At that time, we noticed Brad lurking in the background and staring at us. He clearly recognized us and continued to stare throughout our visit.

We ended up purchasing the sectional from the young man who had been helping us, and were happy to do so. He was wonderful and actually made me WANT to buy our furniture at The Brick, as well as our future furniture and appliance needs. We just bought a home that will continue to need furnishing and would be happy to give you our business. As we were leaving, we noticed that Brad (salesman from first experience) was STILL staring at our family.

The next day, I returned to the store once more to pick up some cushions. I went all the way to the back of the store to ask for the man who sold me the couch. The whole time I approached customer service, I was being stared at once again by Brad. He made NO effort to approach me, he just watched and chuckled as I walked. He began making comments to a man he was standing with and continuing to glance at me and laugh. I instantly felt uncomfortable and upset. Once I reached the desk, I stood waiting to be addressed and Brad went on to blatantly ignore me and continue a personal conversation with the man he was standing with. Finally I spoke up and asked about the salesman I was there to see. Brad went on to mock my question and then to actually make a very rude comment about my personal situation and family! Then once again, he turned away to ignore me and continue his personal conversation. At this time, all I could do was stand there in shock. I could not believe this man spoke to me this way over something as petty as a commission (I'm assuming, since I've never met this man in my life otherwise). It took several minutes to actually get an answer to my question out of him, in between his additional little jokes and mocking. He then cut me off (for a second time) and yelled across the desk to someone about the previous night's game. At this point, I was visibly upset and actually had tears welling up in my eyes. I have NEVER been treated this way, especially by an employee of a business that we just spent our money at. If our old furniture had not already been disposed of, I would have seen someone about returning the sectional and taking my business elsewhere. I was absolutely appalled. I then had to make the long walk to the front door with Brad laughing behind me all the way.

I returned to the store once more today as I had not got the cushions I needed yesterday and there was Brad, staring again throughout my entire time at the store. I cannot believe I am going to feel SO uncomfortable every single time I visit your establishment. I wanted to write the head office and let you know of this issue as I really do enjoy your products and for the most part, your customer service. I wanted to be sure that no one else receives the kind of borderline abusive treatment that my family received as that behavior is absolutely inexcusable.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:20 PM

I would add the name of the salesperson you did like

casah4
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:20 PM

I think it will make more impact if you tell them what the guy actually said, even if it makes you uncomfortable. Just saying he made a very rude comment and jokes and mocking probably isn't enough to motivate them to do anything.

bubbasmom0917
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:23 PM

so i see this often from women on this site. when someone is rude and hateful to them, they slowly walk away and not say anything. i was raised to stand up for myself right then and there. i don't know what has happened to women these days. i think we are going back to the good ole days where you just hide. good thing you wrote the company, but i would have taken care of it on the spot!

BeansandMash
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:24 PM

I don't like the "Hi there" it seems to informal for this kind of letter, also I agree that you should add in detail the comments that "Brad" made.

maxswolfsuit
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Quoting casah4:

I think it will make more impact if you tell them what the guy actually said, even if it makes you uncomfortable. Just saying he made a very rude comment and jokes and mocking probably isn't enough to motivate them to do anything.

That was my thought too.

Honestly the letter comes off as very emotional. I can understand hwy you're upset, but they may think you're overreacting. I would focus more on exactly what Brad did and said not how you felt. You only need to mention one time he made you uncomfortable enough that you will not be shopping there again. I would also leave out the part at the end about wanting to hear back.

mama_2_jasper
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:28 PM
This

Quoting casah4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elayna90
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Begin it with
To Whom It May Concern:
Also, make specific references to what was said and the name of the employee who was helpful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyzgirlz3
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:29 PM

I agree you should name the person who treated you kindly that way he gets some acknowledgment and tell the head of sales what brad said, even if it is embarrassing..

phenomenallyMe
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting casah4:

That was my thought too.

Honestly the letter comes off as very emotional. I can understand hwy you're upset, but they may think you're overreacting. I would focus more on exactly what Brad did and said not how you felt. You only need to mention one time he made you uncomfortable enough that you will not be shopping there again. I would also leave out the part at the end about wanting to hear back.

I agree with stating exactly what happened and trying to leave emotion out of it as much as possible. 

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.  Mother Teresa
supermama322
by Made in Canada on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Thank you very much ladies! I appreciate it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)