Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When do you tell a guy you have kids?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:22 AM
  • 39 Replies

So went to bar last night and started talking to this cowboy who was so fun! It was just a blast having a laugh with a cute stranger, who kept saying I was beautiful LOL 

I left (said I was going to pee and slipped out the back door with the girls) before he could ask for my number. But now that I am on the flirt/dating scene again.......when do you say "I have kids...."

If your wondering why I was at a bar and not with my babies, it because their Da had them for the 1st time ever. My friends where trying to keep my spirits up, not think about them gone, so a bar was a good shot at keeping me occupied. 

by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma2mollie
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:24 AM

I usually told them right off the bat :) Good Luck in your search :)

3earthangels
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:26 AM
Pretty much right off the bat. Seems to be the 2nd question around here. Right after " You married?"...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:26 AM
I told them right off the bat. One because of having less time to just run out and do something and two because if they didnt like it then they knew from the beginning before any emotions got involved
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle

why would you NOT tell RIGHT Away?

brittanyjo85

Right away. 

nishchav
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:27 AM

before the relationship gets serious. i usually tell them on the first date i wont hide them for even a minute. no sense in starting to like someone if you dont know if theyll run far and fast when they find out. plus you never know they might be scared to mention they have kids too.

MaeHamMomma
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:30 AM

I agree, when  I was dating after my divorce I made sure to point out that I had kids, right away.

it went like this

Hi

Hi

Whats your name

J, and yours?

Bob. So, what do you do for a living?

I own my own business, you?

Oh I am a plumber. What do you do for fun?

Play with my kids......

So about 8 sentences in.

ecasrev
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:31 AM

I would tell tell him after the "are you single/married question" and I would expect the same from him.

Sounds like you had a good time..Good for you!

momofcali3
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Ok but just flirting at a bar............

Talking about travel, who you know, what year you graduated etc. Kids did not come up. And because I was flirting back, he must have known I was single. 

momofcali3
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:41 AM

It was AWESOME!!!!! After being wed to a stick-in-the-mud to have loud music, drink, and a cowboy saunter up to me and say that I was the most beautiful women in the bar and he just had to talk to me (a line I know!)  was AMAZING!!!!!!!

Plus I had on a cute new shirt and my hair all done Lauren Conrad style.......I felt pretty spectacular too

Quoting ecasrev:

I would tell tell him after the "are you single/married question" and I would expect the same from him.

Sounds like you had a good time..Good for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)