Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Truvia vs Stevia: Which Is Better?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 1:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I heard a bit about both, however, a while back I thought I read how some don't like Truvia bc it leaves an after taste or something.....or I think it was Truvian they were talking about.

So for those that use either, or have tried both can you tell me what you think of it & what you use it in please?

I'm borderline diabetic & I'm changing so many things to keep myself off insulin.

I am changing the way I eat & I will be starting Weight Watchers officially this week (I had a weight watchers post). I need to lose 15lbs & I personally know 1 person & my FIL knows someone that actually got off of insulin by following Weight Watchers, my doctor even recommended it.

So anyway, between changing the way I eat, exercise & hopefully losing the 15lbs that will help my sugars tremendously!

I'm also trying the Greek Yogurt, this time I bought Fayge. However, I didn't realize I bought plain w/nothing added. I added strawberries & I still didn't care for it, there was no sweetness.

Would I be able to put the Truvia or Stevia in it?

Okay sorry for the ramble, just hoping to find some answers on here.

Thanks!

by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Bump

CABZS
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM
Ok I know people have tried this stuff.
KrazyStix
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Truvia is derived from the Stevia plant so they are essentially the same. They just come from different parts of the plant. I have tried both and they taste the same to me. I actually like using the stevia leaf.

Ashmom614
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Ive used both...Ive used truvia which, IMO tastes a tad bitter. I bought stevia liquid--it comes in a dropper bottle. It was about $9 which lasts quite a while depending on how you use it. I use it for tea and I really like it. I think it doesn't have the bitterness like truvia. If I remember correctly ( I could be wrong, it was a while ago) the truvia didn't mix quite as well as I would have liked. It seemed kinda grainy and made it hard to mix anything with it. Good luck :)

Oh-and Ive bought plain greek yogurt too. Ive added strawberries and the stevia liquid and it definitely helped a lot :)

CABZS
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2011 at 2:41 PM
Quoting KrazyStix:

Truvia is derived from the Stevia plant so they are essentially the same. They just come from different parts of the plant. I have tried both and they taste the same to me. I actually like using the stevia leaf.

What have you used it for?
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2011 at 2:45 PM
Quoting Ashmom614:

Ive used both...Ive used truvia which, IMO tastes a tad bitter. I bought stevia liquid--it comes in a dropper bottle. It was about $9 which lasts quite a while depending on how you use it. I use it for tea and I really like it. I think it doesn't have the bitterness like truvia. If I remember correctly ( I could be wrong, it was a while ago) the truvia didn't mix quite as well as I would have liked. It seemed kinda grainy and made it hard to mix anything with it. Good luck :)

Oh-and Ive bought plain greek yogurt too. Ive added strawberries and the stevia liquid and it definitely helped a lot :)

Thank you!

Also thanks for letting me know I could use it in the yogurt!
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2011 at 4:20 PM

bump

KrazyStix
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting KrazyStix:

What have you used it for?

I use the leaf in my tea.

CABZS
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2011 at 5:27 PM
Quoting KrazyStix:

Ok stupid question: where do you buy the leaf? I'm having a hard enough time find Stevia. I'm finding the Truvia but like on here I'm hearing how it doesn't taste very good. So I have a few more stores to check & crossing my fingers!
momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Feb. 28, 2011 at 5:30 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)