Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

work at home mom's? need tips/advice

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:48 AM
  • 12 Replies

i really want and need a job...i want a job so i have something to do at night...i can't sleep, hardly at all...and i need a job b/c not only do i need a backup plan, but for right now, our family needs the extra income. dh is e5, so he makes plenty of money...but we have some pretty big bills, such as loan repayment, car, insurance, cell phone, lawyers (long story) and a couple other things...

the only thing is, i've been bf-ing dd for 1 year and 12 days now. i bf-d ds for only 4 months and 2 days b/c he had tongue tie. i'm really proud of myself for that. aside from that, i don't want to pay for daycare. one child around here is about 800 a month, i believe thats the rate for children that are potty trained. dd would cost more since she's still in the baby stage. also, there are no free preschools around here, and tuition is about 3500/year. that's not in our budget, so i need to start saving up for it. we would be able to do that faster and easier if i was bringing in money. 

i'm thinking about bagging groceries at the commisary on friday nights, weekends, and payday nights...which would help a little, i'm sure. but i'd like something steady, with an actual paycheck that's guaranteed...

so if you work at home, what do you do? how did you find a wah job? do you wah and have young children? mine are 4 and 1...any tips on how to search for a job, where, etc would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks in advance!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:52 AM

bump because i have been looking for a worka t home job for 2 years now

kameronsmommy08
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:52 AM
Bump
pink.princess87
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:54 AM

thanks ladies!

ZanderandBella
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:58 AM
I do direct sales. im a military wife as well. I can't work outside the home because of his schedule. So I sell scentsy. Been doing it for 4 months and all I can say is I am now making more than what my unemployment used to be which in cali was quite a bit. It did cost a little to start but I love it. My kids are 2 and 1 (almost 3 and 2). I work around them. Be careful in your search! Most good paying 'jobs' will have a long waitlist or require a degree. Any home businesses, be careful which one you choose. I love herbalife but lost more money than gained and earned more in one paycheck with scentsy than an entire year of herbalife. So not all home businesses are the same. There are quite a few good ones out there but there are just as many unsuccessful ones. Talk to your family and friends and see what they would buy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pink.princess87
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:03 AM

i've thought about scentsy, but all of dh's family would never buy anything...they have bad allergies with scented things...(even tho they smoke...makes no sense to me) anyways, i know my family and a couple friends *might* buy stuff, but idk...i'll ask them for sure tho.

how much does it cost to start up? 

Quoting ZanderandBella:

I do direct sales. im a military wife as well. I can't work outside the home because of his schedule. So I sell scentsy. Been doing it for 4 months and all I can say is I am now making more than what my unemployment used to be which in cali was quite a bit. It did cost a little to start but I love it. My kids are 2 and 1 (almost 3 and 2). I work around them. Be careful in your search! Most good paying 'jobs' will have a long waitlist or require a degree. Any home businesses, be careful which one you choose. I love herbalife but lost more money than gained and earned more in one paycheck with scentsy than an entire year of herbalife. So not all home businesses are the same. There are quite a few good ones out there but there are just as many unsuccessful ones. Talk to your family and friends and see what they would buy.

ZanderandBella
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:09 AM
You'd be amazed at those that have allergies actually don't have the allergies to it. About hjalf of those that have allergies didn't with scentsy which I think is because a lot of other products have yucky stuff going into the air such as normal candles have soot. So some may be shocked :). But its 99 plus tax and shipping for the kit. That gives you everything you need to hold a party (I do mostly online parties). You get the website free for 3 months then its 10 a month after that.

Quoting pink.princess87:

i've thought about scentsy, but all of dh's family would never buy anything...they have bad allergies with scented things...(even tho they smoke...makes no sense to me) anyways, i know my family and a couple friends *might* buy stuff, but idk...i'll ask them for sure tho.

Quoting ZanderandBella:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pink.princess87
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:38 AM

would you mind saying about how much you make in a typical month? if not, i understand.... but thank you for the info, i'm gonna talk to dh about it tomorrow!

Quoting ZanderandBella:

You'd be amazed at those that have allergies actually don't have the allergies to it. About hjalf of those that have allergies didn't with scentsy which I think is because a lot of other products have yucky stuff going into the air such as normal candles have soot. So some may be shocked :). But its 99 plus tax and shipping for the kit. That gives you everything you need to hold a party (I do mostly online parties). You get the website free for 3 months then its 10 a month after that.

Quoting pink.princess87:

Quoting ZanderandBella:

CMcLaws
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:43 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pink.princess87
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:24 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
woodswalker
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:30 AM

How about home daycare??  Or Pet care??   Direct sales have very unpredictable profits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)