Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

updated.. grandpa and kidney transplant

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:21 AM
  • 7 Replies

please pray that weverything goes okay with my grandpa today.. he is having a  kidney transplant. i wont be able to check this til i get back  from oklahoma city... i will update then thanks

updating the situation with my grandpa. he is out of surgery and doing pretty well right now.. we are waiting to see if his body rejects or takes his new kidney.. the doctors said it could take up to 2 or 3 days before we find out anything and he is not able to go to stores or anything unless he wears a mask after he gets out of the hospital . i will update more as i best i can . thanks for the prayers.. they are still needed as we dont are not sure if it is going to work but doctors think there is a pretty good chance that it will .

updated 2.. so far my grandpa is doing pretty well all though my grandma said he isnt producing enough urine like the doctors would like but said it wasnt anything to worry about .. thanks for their prayers looks like it is working and hopefully he is coming home next week. 

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SThompson21
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:24 AM

praying

insanemomof4
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:25 AM
Good luck to your grandpa. My fil had a kidney transplant last year he received his brothers kidney. It is a long recovery process i hope all goes well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiddycat73
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:27 AM
Praying now! How wonderful for him to receive such a gift! I'm a dialysis nurse, and so many of my patients are on the list, and so few actually get a kidney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Milaya2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:27 AM

He is in my thoughts.

cherieb10
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:51 AM

My prayers to your grandpa.

okchev73
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:31 PM

BUMP!

okchev73
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 5:17 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)